StudentsReview :: Island Drafting and Technical Institute - Comments and Student Experiences

Island Drafting and Technical Institute

This college is one of the best or the best college experieQuite BrightArchitecture
This college is one of the best or the best college experience that i have had on Long Island. the teachers have been extremely helpful from the beginning all the way to the end and really try to help you on a personal level and make sure you succeed. any weaknesses that you start out with will improve and become a strength. the great thing about this course is that it will help with everything that you will need not just architecture , they help you understand how real jobs are like and how to handle yourself at a business interview , and how to keep a job. the faculty in this school was also extremely nice , The financial aid administrator was very organized and thoroughly explained how the school was going to handle my payments and walked me through my financial aid. The placement adviser is the most organized , well educated , very people friendly , and fast working person to help you find a job and will always look you for you as long as you are serious about working. the President and Vice President of the school are efficient at what they do , they have a passion for the students that they accept into the school and will advise you that if this is something you are not sure about doing , just think twice because this is a serious field and they teach you real life lessons going to I.D.T.I.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2011
Education Quality: A+, Extracurricular Activities: D
Lets face it you get out of itDesign Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
Lets face it you get out of it what you put in to it. I came to IDTI right out of HS with a year of basic CAD in HS.Since I liked it in HS why not make it my major. Best thing I ever did. Never really liked school but I love doing CAD.At IDTI that's all I do. No English , History etc to deal with. Had my Degree and was placed into my first job in a little over a year. Not bad if I say so myself.
I had a late start to getting anyArchitecture
I had a late start to getting any type of degree due to a sick parent and working full time. I knew I wanted to do architecture but the cost & time of going to NY Tech or a SUNY school was too much in addition to having to work full time. I came across this school in the old school yellow pages! They worked with me to the max of having to switch from nights to days & the random scheduling due to the demands of the job I had at the time. The professors are inspiring and helpful. Yes one (when I was attending) had an accent but who doesn't want to learn architecture from an Italian!!? You learn everything from manual drafting and techniques to all the functions of the most current CADD program. The curriculum is streamlined, continuous, and the time flies by. In addition to learning all you need for your major (more intricately than most 2 year degrees at a regular college or university), they teach you the basics in word, excel, simple web page building as well as prepare you for the interviewing process from writing a resume to dressing -right down to teaching the men how to tie their ties. They also provide you with job interviews from a companies who want students from this school but it's up to you to land the job. As with any school you get out what you put in. This is a barebones school with a big heart. There's no bells and whistles like extra curricular activities but that's not what matters. It's the education. It goes so fast you don't even realize how much you learned. When I started the first job of my drafting career I realized how much I truly got out of this school! My co-workers love my work and ask me for advice. I love my career and it's inspired me to go further.

Becker College (MA) 1:negative