StudentsReview :: The Long Island College Hospital of Brooklyn School of Nursing - Comments and Student Experiences

The Long Island College Hospital of Brooklyn School of Nursing

May 29 2012Nursing

LICHSON provided me with a solid foundation of practical skills and critical thinking. I only went up from there and quickly.

Starting Job: Charge Nurse Preparedness: A+ Reputation: C

My experience at LICHSON

Mar 10 2012Nursing
My experience at LICHSON was the best I could have asked for. Professionally it helped me out greatly. I think I am excellent at what I do now because of the basic foundation I received there. I made some very good friends at LICHSON as well and they still remain my friends almost 20 years later.
Starting Job: staff nurse Preparedness: B+ Reputation: F

Unfortunately LICHSON had an administrative change that I

Mar 08 2012Nursing
Unfortunately LICHSON had an administrative change that I believe was the death nell of the institution: that said I had and sought out very bright and talented professors and clinical preceptors, I was immediately employed and work in a very prestigious institution in a clinical and manageral capicity- with the degree I obtained from LICHSON. My advise to any nursing student is your nursing school is the tip of the iceburg in regards to being a smart informed nurse: consider it the MINIMAL amount you need to know in order to put you with a patient body so you can begin to learn- its ALL about seeing and evaluating and gaining clinical expierance that you can align with the evidence based information you've gained; be humble and alert. Stay organized and diligent. The first needed skill to be a good nurse is observation. Good luck
Preparedness: B+ Reputation: F