StudentsReview ™ :: LIM College - Comments and Student Experiences

LIM College

This school is great if you're very serious

Jan 24 2014Business - Management and Administration
This school is great if you're very serious about going into fashion. I do believe that the classes and opportunities offered will help you get a job when you graduate. There are some stupid classes, but that comes with any college. It is not a traditional college experience. If you value meeting other college kids and going to parties don't go here. It's also very expensive, not only in tuition, but just to live here. Because there's no cafeteria you have to buy all of your own food and it's grossly expensive, especially at Gristedes which is near the dorms. I'd recommend making the trek down to Trader Joes in Union Square. The food is better quality, the people are nicer and it's literally half the price. And you'll be paying $112 a month for a metrocard. The dorms are nice, but location sucks. Don't be fooled by "the upper east side." The dorms are a block away from Harlem and there's absolutely nothing to do close by except for go to Central Park. On another note, a lot of the girls here are really stupid, like don't know what 7x7 is stupid, I mean it, a girl asked me that. They're also very stuck up and arrogant. Personally I find a lot of them annoying. There are a few intelligent, nice, smart, hard working people here, you just have to find them. And while we're still talking personally, after a year here I've decided to transfer. I hate fashion and New York city now. Before I came here I loved it, it was all I considered doing in life, but I felt trapped here. It's hard to find things to do because everything costs so much money and it's hard to make friends because most people aren't that welcoming. I'm going to be pursuing a marketing degree back in my home state so I can be closer to my friends and get a normal college experience, something I thought I'd be fine without, but my priorities have changed. I don't regret going to LIM, I learned a lot about myself, but if you have any tiny bit of doubt about being in the fashion industry and you value house parties don't come to school here.
Faculty Accessibility: A-, Collaboration/Competitive: C
Jul 01 2013Unknown
I am graduating this fall after i complete my coop. I will be recieving a bba in merchandising. I transferred to the college in 2011 and have no regrets. I absolutely love it. The city is a playground during breaks throughout the day. Professors are always looking to help and make you succeed and be the best you you can be. There are obviously some classes that I didn't like or found pointless, but that's going to be found at any college. I think the students who complain on here or say they absolutely hate it, are not meant to be in NYC or in fashion. I found that in the last two years the people who hate it or end up transferring always end up hating the city, major, or its not what they expected. Do not come to LIM if you are looking for a ?normal? college experience because you will not get it. I have had the best time here. I have had great internships and networked with my peers along with professors. The professors have worked in the industry and there is no better connection then them. If you are serious about a career in fashion and no that it is more than just liking fashion or clothes you will love it here!!

FIXED MY RATINGS!! I never gave an F to anything.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, University Resource Use: B+

I am graduating this fall after i complete

Jul 01 2013Other
I am graduating this fall after i complete my coop. I will be recieving a bba in merchandising. I transferred to the college in 2011 and have no regrets. I absolutely love it. The city is a playground during breaks throughout the day. Professors are always looking to help and make you succeed and be the best you you can be. There are obviously some classes that I didn't like or found pointless, but that's going to be found at any college. I think the students who complain on here or say they absolutely hate it, are not meant to be in NYC or in fashion. I found that in the last two years the people who hate it or end up transferring always end up hating the city, major, or its not what they expected. Do not come to LIM if you are looking for a "normal" college experience because you will not get it. I have had the best time here. I have had great internships and networked with my peers along with professors. The professors have worked in the industry and there is no better connection then them. If you are serious about a career in fashion and no that it is more than just liking fashion or clothes you will love it here!!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013