StudentsReview :: LIM College - Comments and Student Experiences

LIM College

DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL. THESE PEOPLE DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. THE FACULTY HAS BEEN A BIT NICE BUT ONCE YOU NEED SOMETHING, EVERYONE TURNS THEIR BACKS ON YOU. THE FIRST DAY I CAME HERE, THEY EXPECTED ME TO KNOW HOW TO USE THE SUBWAY, how to find my own dorm and how to get to my classes. even though there are three buildings and no real campus. you have to use the train to go all the way up to the classes and that is like a 15-20 minute train ride. the school should pay for the MONTHLY COST of $112 for the metro card. ive spent thousands of dollars already on mostly groceries and the metro card and transportation. The things they send in the mail that encourage you to come to this school are all lies. the city is full of angry, selfish people and this is quite a dirty city. ive been robbed, ive been touched, and i constantly get cat calls and stares that make me worry for my safety. people who come to this school are mostly from new jersey and long island therefore, they came here for the night life. everyone apparently has fake ids and has their own cliques. the girls talk about you and stare at you if you do not have a louis vuitton handbag or tory burch flats. i would advice everyone to not come here and spend $40,000 a year doing nothing.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Useful Schoolwork: B, Faculty Accessibility: F
I've only been at LIM College a year.Bright
I've only been at LIM College a year. I just finished my first year, and am about to hopefully go into my sophomore year. The only problem is my financial aid from the college has not yet arrived!!! I submitted everything months ago!!!! Honestly the school is more focused on getting you a job and you just working. You will not be academically challenged here to be completely honest. I was set on coming to this school from the time I was a sophomore in high school. I have to say LIM really knows how to market themselves well, and to making them seem like the best option. Honestly do your research on the college and see if it's really the best option for you! MAJORITY of the professors who teach the business aspects of the college are not proficient in English, especially the ones in the math department. I had a very hard time understanding their accents!! A lot of the fashion professors do not really care either!! They will just often times look over your work and stick a grade on it! I must say professor Cotto was a great english composition professor, he actually cared. Professor Meatto was good, as was professor Collier. My first year experience was what I expected socially in terms of being in the city. Most New York City colleges don't typically have the "normal' college experience, one being a lot of students are commuters, others are busy juggling work and school, and NYC itself is considered your campus, which really means there won't be sororities, and frat parties. Also there are very very few guys and fewer straight men obviously being a fashion school an all. You will get opportunities from LIM, it is just up to you to utilize them. Honestly you could have found these opportunities yourself if you tried. Their financial aid office is complete BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!! They are delayed and this will be a pain to deal with if you are not on top of this! Honestly I want to transfer as soon as possible, hopefully my financial aid will be fixed in time for me to start the fall term. If not I guess I will do a semester at a local community college and transfer to a better, more known college. All in all LIM really needs to consider their students and give the students what is deserved, considering the amount of money they charge. It is unfair to say the least.
Surrounding City: A+, Education Quality: F
This school is great if you're very seriousQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
This school is great if you're very serious about going into fashion. I do believe that the classes and opportunities offered will help you get a job when you graduate. There are some stupid classes, but that comes with any college. It is not a traditional college experience. If you value meeting other college kids and going to parties don't go here. It's also very expensive, not only in tuition, but just to live here. Because there's no cafeteria you have to buy all of your own food and it's grossly expensive, especially at Gristedes which is near the dorms. I'd recommend making the trek down to Trader Joes in Union Square. The food is better quality, the people are nicer and it's literally half the price. And you'll be paying $112 a month for a metrocard. The dorms are nice, but location sucks. Don't be fooled by "the upper east side." The dorms are a block away from Harlem and there's absolutely nothing to do close by except for go to Central Park. On another note, a lot of the girls here are really stupid, like don't know what 7x7 is stupid, I mean it, a girl asked me that. They're also very stuck up and arrogant. Personally I find a lot of them annoying. There are a few intelligent, nice, smart, hard working people here, you just have to find them. And while we're still talking personally, after a year here I've decided to transfer. I hate fashion and New York city now. Before I came here I loved it, it was all I considered doing in life, but I felt trapped here. It's hard to find things to do because everything costs so much money and it's hard to make friends because most people aren't that welcoming. I'm going to be pursuing a marketing degree back in my home state so I can be closer to my friends and get a normal college experience, something I thought I'd be fine without, but my priorities have changed. I don't regret going to LIM, I learned a lot about myself, but if you have any tiny bit of doubt about being in the fashion industry and you value house parties don't come to school here.
Faculty Accessibility: A-, Collaboration/Competitive: C

Lancaster Bible College (PA) 1:negative 1:neutral

Rider University (NJ) 1:negative

Capella University (MN) 1:positive

Duquesne University (PA) 1:negative

Compare LIMSave LIM

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→