StudentsReview :: LIM College - Comments and Student Experiences

LIM College

This school is not worth the $26,000 tuition.BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
This school is not worth the $26,000 tuition. It is not an esteemed university; the curriculum is easier than my public high school curriculum was! If you're willing to pay the hefty tuition price tag and want somewhere you can skate by and barely put effort in for 4 years, absolutely attend this school.

My classmates are very, very stupid, and this is coming from someone who had only a B/B+ average in high school. Throughout the many computer labs, there's rarely paper/ink in the printers; and the printers are ALWAYS jammed.

The kids don't dress like fashion students and most have fake handbags or carry michael kors, which says a lot about the curriculum- what the hell is this school teaching their "fashion students" if they're dressing this way?

The teachers are not well connected to the fashion industry or amazing professors. A common thing for them to do for them is to refer students to the math or writing center when they don't understand something, instead of taking the time to help them learn....something we're paying them to be doing.

If you want to work for an esteemed, reputable company...don't go to LIM. There's really no reason to go to this school unless you have time money & effort to waste. They don't have connections with reputable, name brand, high end companies at all, and they make getting an internship difficult. Go to FIT, Parsons, or FIDM. Even university of philly has a nicer FMM program than this school does. However, if you want to work for some brand none has ever heard of, make a lower-than-average salary, and generally not know anything about the fashion industry, go ahead and attend this school!

1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Education Quality: F
DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL. THESE PEOPLE DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. THE FACULTY HAS BEEN A BIT NICE BUT ONCE YOU NEED SOMETHING, EVERYONE TURNS THEIR BACKS ON YOU. THE FIRST DAY I CAME HERE, THEY EXPECTED ME TO KNOW HOW TO USE THE SUBWAY, how to find my own dorm and how to get to my classes. even though there are three buildings and no real campus. you have to use the train to go all the way up to the classes and that is like a 15-20 minute train ride. the school should pay for the MONTHLY COST of $112 for the metro card. ive spent thousands of dollars already on mostly groceries and the metro card and transportation. The things they send in the mail that encourage you to come to this school are all lies. the city is full of angry, selfish people and this is quite a dirty city. ive been robbed, ive been touched, and i constantly get cat calls and stares that make me worry for my safety. people who come to this school are mostly from new jersey and long island therefore, they came here for the night life. everyone apparently has fake ids and has their own cliques. the girls talk about you and stare at you if you do not have a louis vuitton handbag or tory burch flats. i would advice everyone to not come here and spend $40,000 a year doing nothing.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Useful Schoolwork: B, Faculty Accessibility: F
I've only been at LIM College a year.Bright
I've only been at LIM College a year. I just finished my first year, and am about to hopefully go into my sophomore year. The only problem is my financial aid from the college has not yet arrived!!! I submitted everything months ago!!!! Honestly the school is more focused on getting you a job and you just working. You will not be academically challenged here to be completely honest. I was set on coming to this school from the time I was a sophomore in high school. I have to say LIM really knows how to market themselves well, and to making them seem like the best option. Honestly do your research on the college and see if it's really the best option for you! MAJORITY of the professors who teach the business aspects of the college are not proficient in English, especially the ones in the math department. I had a very hard time understanding their accents!! A lot of the fashion professors do not really care either!! They will just often times look over your work and stick a grade on it! I must say professor Cotto was a great english composition professor, he actually cared. Professor Meatto was good, as was professor Collier. My first year experience was what I expected socially in terms of being in the city. Most New York City colleges don't typically have the "normal' college experience, one being a lot of students are commuters, others are busy juggling work and school, and NYC itself is considered your campus, which really means there won't be sororities, and frat parties. Also there are very very few guys and fewer straight men obviously being a fashion school an all. You will get opportunities from LIM, it is just up to you to utilize them. Honestly you could have found these opportunities yourself if you tried. Their financial aid office is complete BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!! They are delayed and this will be a pain to deal with if you are not on top of this! Honestly I want to transfer as soon as possible, hopefully my financial aid will be fixed in time for me to start the fall term. If not I guess I will do a semester at a local community college and transfer to a better, more known college. All in all LIM really needs to consider their students and give the students what is deserved, considering the amount of money they charge. It is unfair to say the least.
Surrounding City: A+, Education Quality: F

Iona College (NY) 1:negative

Johnson & Wales University - Denver (CO) 1:neutral

Mitchell Community College (NC) 1:advice

University of Texas - San Antonio (TX) 1:positive

Compare LIMSave LIM

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→