StudentsReview :: LIU Post - Comments and Student Experiences

Hofstra University -- Hempstead, NY
Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ

LIU Post

LIU Post has been great.Quite BrightUndecided
LIU Post has been great. All of my professors are very approachable, friendly and really want students to succeed. The work load was very light - especially in the intro courses. It's not hard to make friends in your classes, but out of class it can be hard. Many people commute and go home during the common hour, so I suggest joining a club if you want an active social life. If you're a commuter, get there early to get a good parking spot - or else you won't find one. I can't speak for those living at LIU, but overall I would recommend this school to anyone who is living at home or wants to come home. Great professors, very helpful staff, you're more than just a number here.
1st Year Female -- Class 1920
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C+
The nursing program at C.Quite BrightNursing
The nursing program at C.W. Post has changed dramatically. I have worked in an ER for ten years and the SIM Lab is amazing with dummies that talk, cry, vomit, the SIM lab is identical to the hospital setting with a pyxis, beds, sinks, med pumps, cardiac monitoring and more. My classes have been easier for me than someone with no medical experience, however, I did go to St. John's for Education and Hunter for my pre req's and I can say that the work at Post is definitely more challenging. At least in the Nursing Field. I have never had a problem with professor's in terms of getting extra help or asking questions. I found genetics to be the most difficult but Dr. Swede is an amazing person. Dr. Capatendes for Pathophysiology is black and white, strict but you learn a lot. IF you are new to the college experience in general you will find these professors "unfair" however, the medical profession is just as it is taught black and white and challenging and these professors prepare you for reality. The library needs to be bigger, and its resources broader...it is not quiet and students are very disrespectful in terms of noise level. Maintence of the library and restrooms on campus need ATTENTION. There are not many food options and is in a rather rural area of LI so that is definitely a bummer. So is the parking, its just NOT adequate.
1st Year Female -- Class 1920
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C
I am beginning to get extremely frustrated bySuper BrilliantBusiness - Management and Administration
I am beginning to get extremely frustrated by reviews about this school that focuses on non-essentials, for example, "the campus is sooo pretty." Well, sure, it's a decent-looking campus, but academic wise; this school is a nightmare!!! People need to know the truth about what goes on at this school. First off, no, I am not one of those lazy "I don't want to put any effort in"-students. I am an honor's student with stellar GPA and a rather impressive resume in general. I really care about my life and my future, and I always strive for perfection.

1. Students are allowed to use their phones during exams in the majority of the undergraduate classes here. Professors will always pretend that they do not see or are aware of what is going on, but trust me, they know. At least 80% of my fellow students cheated on every exam in one of my accounting classes, same can be said about a macroeconomics class that I took. It is appalling; this school has ZERO academic integrity. It's embarrassing.

2. This school is moving towards going completely broke. Google it! Roughly rounding it off, Hofstra University's endowment are 4x the size of LIU Post. You can discuss this matter with many of the professors at campus, they all testify of shrinking departments and resources.

3. Professors focus on giving as high grades as possible! It's all about statistics and keeping your job. They will more or less give extra credit away, or lower the standards to the extreme just to ensure as high of a grade average among their students as possible.

4. The administrative side is horrendous too, most likely due to the lack of financial resources. They will lose important paperwork, and fail to update your financial standing more often than not.

5. They are desperate to lure in new students!! Do NOT fall for their tricks. LIU Post's number of applicants has steadily been decreasing; fewer and fewer students wants to attend this school. Again, look it up!

6. I just yet again want to emphasize the lack of academic standards at this school. All exams are multiple choice, and grading is LENIENT, to say the least. This is not college-level coursework, despite the ridiculous price tag for attending.Overall, deciding to come to this school is the biggest mistake of my life. Know that I am saying that regardless of graduating with a near perfect GPA. It's just not fun to attend a school with such LOW standards and where the students are not able to satisfactorily complete college-level assignments. This place will make you feel so failed in life. Trust me, YOU deserve better.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2017