StudentsReview :: Medaille College - Comments and Student Experiences

Medaille College

May 30 2014Education

easiest college ever..all assig are sold online :D

1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Useful Schoolwork: A, Scholastic Success: F

Medaille was recently name on of the worst

Aug 01 2013Education
Medaille was recently name on of the worst twenty schools in the nation for Return on Investment, or basically how much money you make after graduating. It barely beat out a couple of larger universities and an art school for ranking right at the bottom.Don't go to Medaille. It is a depressing hellhole with underqualified instructors, a lazy student body, and an inept administration. All your tuition dollars go towards bad contracts with outside investors and our President's second house that he just bought. If I could do it over again, I would never have set foot on Medaille's campus.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F

In the beginning I was excited to attend

Feb 18 2014Education
In the beginning I was excited to attend Medaille. My parents went there and had nothing but good things to say about it. However, my third year into it, I wish I went somewhere else. The tuition does not pay for what they offer. I will have about $20,000 worth of loans for a sheet of paper. In addition, you end up taking more classes outside of your major than you actually do in your actual major. Let me know when that art class is going to come in handy, guess what it's not. Social studies education is my discipline and I spend more time taking classes in every other subject than taking history classes. There is no set curriculum in any classes, so basically the teachers can teach what ever they want. Also, this is why education social studies majors are failing the social studies part on the new certification exams given by NYS. If I knew then what my education was going to be like, I would have attended college somewhere else. Now, Medaille is in financial debt yet again and now my tuition will increase yet again. Personally, I don't think that the president of the college needs a house. Lastly, more than half of the professors are unqualified to teach. For example, I had an elementary reading teacher, teach my adolescent content area literacy class. She was horrible and used taught only things you would find in an elementary school. This list could go on and on, so before you come here really think about this decision.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015