StudentsReview :: Medaille College - Comments and Student Experiences

Medaille College

There are some Professors that shouldn't still be

Jul 27 2011Psychology
There are some Professors that shouldn't still be teaching there but are because they are "grandfathered" in (Nisbet). Also the business office is the worst department to have to deal with. Every year there has been some type of confrontation and mess up ( on their end) with my account. Not only do they not admit their own faults but they are nasty, and miserable women. On one occasion, I rang the bell and the woman in her cube had the nerve to tell me that her lunch ended 10 minutes ago but to come back anyways. I only realized that she told me that because she was still eating her McDonalds at her desk. As if I had disturbed her eating, AFTER her lunch had already ended. The hassle and frustration that this has caused me, would be why if I had the choice I would go ANYWHERE but Medaille!
4th Year Female -- Class 2012
Surrounding City: A+, Individual Value: D+

I fully regret going to Medaille and feel

Jul 11 2011Psychology
I fully regret going to Medaille and feel like I wasted a lot of money going to this college. I have gone to Medaille for four years and have had ONE teacher who is amazing, challenges you, and repects you. Administration is horrible, never helpful, and completely rude. I even seeked help from the Dean of my department once, because my advisor would not help me, and the Dean even told me he wouldn't help cause it wasn't of his concern. This school cares about the money, not students succeeding in life after college.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2011
Campus Maintenance: C+, Education Quality: F

Medaille is simply dreadful

Sep 21 2011Other
Medaille is simply dreadful. Most classes are either mind-numbingly easy or impossible to anyone who hasn't studied the subject for their whole lives. The administration is more worried about money and the school's image than anything else. If you're white and not an athlete, don't expect anyone to do you any favors. The dorms are dreadful; most of the programming sucks, and vandalism is rampant. The students are completely stuck on themselves; the girls in particular have no lives beyond their boyfriends and going downtown all the time. The internet connection here is incredibly unreliable and will cut out on you at random times, and the stories about the cafeteria making people sick are legendary. Everything about this school is BAD.In short, don't waste a penny or a second at this place. You'll thank me later.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2010