StudentsReview :: Medaille College - Comments and Student Experiences

Medaille College

If you want to piss money away look

Oct 13 2014Unknown
If you want to piss money away look no further then Medaille College. Was easily the worst experience I've ever had ever. Simply put it's 40k a semester but I wouldn't pay 40 cents. I lost a prime year of my life but foolishly choosing to go to this godawful place. I don't even qualify it as a college. Worst place ever. Simply put if you want to spend 80k a year for high school part 2 look no further then here. Waste of money Waste of Gas the higher ups should be jailed for fraud for actually calling that godforsaken place a "college".

Medaille College is a completely ghetto school

Feb 07 2013Unknown
Medaille College is a completely ghetto school. I recommend it to people who barely made it out of high school and would like to find somewhere to go. The courses are very easy which barely require any concentration. I can count one on hand the number of professors I've had who were challenging and were good teachers. Students are, at best, stuck-up, and at worst, judgmental assholes who will stop at no length to harass you and make life miserable if you're not one of the "cool people" (Again, high school at its finest). Most of the students live within an hour of campus, so when the weekend comes, everyone goes home and hang out with friends. The social scene at Medaille is terrible. Nothing ever happens. People tried to make things happen, but everyone's so apathetic. Administration doesn't listen to students and spends money on crap the school doesn't need. I could go on and on, The only good thing is that Buffalo is a actually a pretty cool city. I will NEVER return to or recommend Medaille. They did not help me with a job at all either - no career development whatsoever.

In the beginning I was excited to attend

Feb 18 2014Education
In the beginning I was excited to attend Medaille. My parents went there and had nothing but good things to say about it. However, my third year into it, I wish I went somewhere else. The tuition does not pay for what they offer. I will have about $20,000 worth of loans for a sheet of paper. In addition, you end up taking more classes outside of your major than you actually do in your actual major. Let me know when that art class is going to come in handy, guess what it's not. Social studies education is my discipline and I spend more time taking classes in every other subject than taking history classes. There is no set curriculum in any classes, so basically the teachers can teach what ever they want. Also, this is why education social studies majors are failing the social studies part on the new certification exams given by NYS. If I knew then what my education was going to be like, I would have attended college somewhere else. Now, Medaille is in financial debt yet again and now my tuition will increase yet again. Personally, I don't think that the president of the college needs a house. Lastly, more than half of the professors are unqualified to teach. For example, I had an elementary reading teacher, teach my adolescent content area literacy class. She was horrible and used taught only things you would find in an elementary school. This list could go on and on, so before you come here really think about this decision.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015