StudentsReview :: Medaille College - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Females 3
Males 1
Avg years at University 1.0
Research Quality F (0.8)
Research Availability F (0.8)
Research Funding F (0.8)
Graduate Politics F (0.8)
Errand Runners F (0.8)
Degree Completion F (0.8)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] F (0.8)
Sufficient Pay F (0.8)
Competitiveness D (2.6)
Education Quality F (0.8)
Faculty Accessibility D (2.6)
Useful Research F (0.8)
"Individual" treatment D (2.6)
Friendliness C- (3.8)
Safety A+ (9.8)
Campus Beauty B (7.2)
Campus Maintenance A+ (9.9)
University Resource/spending F (0.8)
Extracurriculars D- (1.5)
Success-Understanding D- (1.5)
Surrounding City A+ (9.9)
Social Life/Environment D- (1.5)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi]F
Campus MaintenanceA+

I graduated from the Psych program in 2011

Aug 03 2012Psychology
I graduated from the Psych program in 2011. It was by far the worst financial move I have ever made. Like others have stated, this school/program is quite close to a diploma mill. The education you recieve over the 1.5 years attended equates to the typical course in gen psych you took as a freshman. The admissions staff are nice, but please understand that they are after your federal financial aid dollars. AVOID THIS SCHOOL! The dissatisfaction for this program continues to grow, leaving most feeling ripped off. I would be the first to suggest a class action law suit!!!

I received my MA in Psychology in 2009

Aug 02 2012Psychology
I received my MA in Psychology in 2009 and am only finding out now that that program I completed was a big fraud! There was no internship and hardly enough credits to call it a Master's program, but I did not know that at the time. In all of my 2 years there, I did not complete 1 day of homework or study for any tests, not because I was lazy, but because there were no homework assignments and no tests! My thesis was the biggest joke of all. The main instructor turned me down when I asked him to supervise me because he already had too many students, which is understandable. He recommended I call a different teacher. This was the biggest mistake of my life! She has been (and probably still is) working on her Doctorate degree after 10 years! That should have told me something. She never reviewed my work and forgot about our appointments half the time. She kept telling me that same things to correct, but never gave me any concrete criticism. It is no surprise that since then they have completely revamped their MA Psych program. MEDAILLE COLLEGE is nothing but a FRAUD! The instructors are only competent to teach at the high school level and this whole program was a joke. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL!!!! I'd rather have no degree then a useless degree from this fraudulent school.

Faculty come late and

Apr 21 2011Psychology
Faculty come late and enthused. I am not sure how some students were accepted but I thought you needed a 3.0 to get accepted; I doubt that this is true. If some students have a practice some day, I hope they never have a serious client because they are ill prepared. What a joke.

Speaking against the Mental Health Counseling masters progra

Sep 14 2010Other
Speaking against the Mental Health Counseling masters program onl. Medaille is the most expensive grad program for this degree in WNY. The teaching is to the lowest common denominator. I can read the power points myself!

The work and assignments waste time and are repetitive undergraduate level pablum. There is obviously no thought or cohesive planning among the faculty since we are asked to do the same assignments in different classes. Grade inflation is rampant. Everyone gets at least a b- no matter what. There is no motivation to do ones' best since an A is easily obtained even if the work is subpar, late and doesn't follow guidelines. This is not a CACREP program nor does it have a chapter of Chi Sigma Iota for honor students. There are no tapes or critiques. No real practice of skills - just lecture. You have to find your own internship and preprac,no placement service like the other schools.There are no advisors or anyone who knows counseling to help us out although the student handbook says we will all be assigned one. There is no one to go to - a travesty. There are too many adjuncts who could care less about anything but their resumes. They are selling lies to get students in and save the adjuncts for after too many credits have been paid for to transfer. GIVE YOUR BORROWED TUITION TO ANYONE BUT MEDAILLE.

The school is a

Jun 30 2010Psychology
The school is a small step above a diploma mill, at least the graduate programs are. I attended there and received an MA in Psychology from Medaille. Most faculty were adjuncts and very poor in their abilities to teach a graduate course. Stay away from this program, very far away!!!

This school is a complete waste of time

May 29 2010Psychology
This school is a complete waste of time. They let just about anyone in and has very poor quality instructors. They promote free wireless internet on campus but it rarely works. The library has few resources to utilize and it makes me wonder why I am paying so much tuition. I would never recommend this school to anyone.

University of Miami (FL) 1:advice