StudentsReview :: The Marymount College of Fordham University - Comments and Student Experiences

The Marymount College of Fordham University

Unfortunately, I have had my career ups andBusiness - Management and Administration
Unfortunately, I have had my career ups and downs; since graduation I have held down a series of job opportunities, offering me little satisfaction, and ultimately even took the chance of owning my own business; today I am employed p/t at a school; barely surving but still owing 50K on student loans; career support was too minimal after graduation from the school and should definitely be of greater assistance. Sadly to say I am soooo not where I prayed to have been at this point in my life, and especially after the time and monetary investment I made in acquring my education with Marymount!
This experience was one of the worst inQuite BrightOther
This experience was one of the worst in my whole life! There are so many aspects of a normal university that this school does not even begin to capture. From the teachers to the dorms there is so much wrong with this school. The directors and "authority figures" (who are students on power trips) treat you with as little respect as possible and then blame you for their short comings. I was actually written up and punished my second day of freshman year for having the tv on too loud after the 11:00 quiet time rule. Classes hadn't even started and it took one month for them send me the violation letter. We were gauranteed internet, even though we never got it that year we still had to pay. Don't expect friends to visit because boys are not allowed on campus and girl vistors need a 3 day notice. The classrooms don't have enough desks for all the students which makes you wonder where all your money has gone. My first experience at Marymount was at a summer orientation program, where I was lied to by everyone I talked to. All the questions I asked about the school, the students, and the social life were completely answered wrongfully. If you are a person that wants to go to college and have any kind of social life, or just a life, this is not the right place. If you want a stimulating classroom experience, again this is not the place. I took harder class at my public, innercity high school. On Friday afternoon the school clears out and you don't see another person until Monday morning. They might try and tell you it is easy to get to the city, however it is very complicated and expensive. And while all of your high school friends will be calling you in the middle of the night to tell you about their awesome college fun, you will be asleep by 10:00. This is a school that is losing money and students fast while going downhill. More than half of this years freshman class are transfering out for good reasons. Save your money and your time and go to a real school. Once I leave at semester I will be continuing my therapy appointments that I started the first week I was here to rid this awful expereince from my life. If for some reason you decided to come here, make sure to check all financial statements that are given to you. I spent the first semester trying to get money back that they over charged me for.
1st Year Female -- Class 2008
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Education Quality: F
DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL.Quite BrightUndecided
DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL. Choosing Marymount College is that worst mistake I have made. If you choose to go here you will not have a true college experience. I didn't get into lincoln center and was transfered to marymount in order to graduate with a fordham degree. The school offers minimal classes and all of the teachers are old nuns. The advisors will make it hard for you to transfer to another campus and the school offers nothing to the individuals who have decided to go there. The food is horrible...it made me very sick the first month I was there. I feel like I am in high school again. I applied to 14 schools and was accepted to 9...I am sorry to say that choosing Marymount was a big mistake. However, I have made some great friends...but most the girls here are catty.
1st Year Female -- Class 2008