StudentsReview :: Mercy College - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA
University of Saint Francis -- Joliet, IL

Mercy College

Before I started attending this school in the

May 21 2014Unknown
Before I started attending this school in the fall of 2013 I read all the reviews preview students had given the school and I saw a lot I mean alooooot of negative comments about it but i didn't pay mind to it because I'm the kind of person who likes to judge things by my own experience. The first thing I will like to say is that MERCY COLLEGE HAS BEEN THE WORSE MISTAKE IVE EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!! The staff will only care about u during oriantation days after that they won't even look at you . The financial aid staff are really unprofessional and won't try to help u . No one gets to no anyone and the most of theprofessor are old and grumpy that doesn't even care if u can't hear them. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME N MONEY$$$$$!!!!

READ IF YOU ARE A PRE-VET/VET TECH MAJOR

Mar 31 2014PreVet and Veterinary
READ IF YOU ARE A PRE-VET/VET TECH MAJOR
I'm a 20 year old transfer from a community college. I brought over 20 something credits and I really only came here because I thought I could do the vet tech/pre-vet track and sit the for VTNE.

Well, YOU CAN'T in that track. Imagine my surprise when I sit down in the bogus vet tech 101 class and learn I'm paying them all this money so I can take a handful of vet tech classes that actually have no payout in the end! They do not address this on their website.

Moving on... the students here are unbearable. If you're white and from a nice neighborhood upstate, don't bother. 90% of this school is trash from the Bronx or Brooklyn and they certainly act like it. They're rude, loud as all hell, and the hallways constantly reek of weed in the residence hall. I made a few friends I actually like and we stick together like white on rice.

The classes are an absolute joke if you're not taking sciences. All the liberal arts/English/art classes are a cinch. When you get into natural sciences, like bio, it's obviously much harder. They offer a lot of tutoring but no one gets good grades either way. Good luck with the chem 1 lab professor, by the way. He will not teach you a thing.

Oh, and half of the staff barely speaks English. My precalc professor spent an hour going off because a student laughed at him because he actually doesn't know how to teach precalc. He's a computer science professor. Incredibly unprofessional and absolutely useless.In short, come here if you want to be miserable and blow money. The PACT mentors are totally useless, too. Don't expect them to answer your emails promptly or know their head from their behinds.

Perceived Campus Safety: C, Education Quality: F

This review is directed to the Bronx campus at Mercy Coll

Mar 28 2014PreVet and Veterinary
This review is directed to the Bronx campus at Mercy College. Best college you can attend in my opinion, and I get highly confused when people say otherwise. Where do I start? For one, the new campus on Waters Place is beautiful. Although the surrounding area is under construction, when you get to the actual campus it doesn't even feel like the Bronx anymore.

The classes are small and personable. I have yet to attend a class with over 25 students. The professors know who you are and are very understanding. They don't baby you and expect for you to do your work, but they don't bombard you with work either since they understand the needs of the students. Very fair professors. Very clear and concise, funny, warm, personable, and caring.

The library is always accessible. It's never over crowded, always computers available, and always someone there to help you. Same with the book store. Although the books are highly overpriced like most schools,you will always have someone to help get you what you need. Most importantly, the financial aid office is luckily very helpful. You can always reach them. Very quick but thorough so you don't wait long to be seen. hardly any problems with them. Overall I would recommend this school. The Bronx campus is completely underrated since no one knows its there or have misconceptions about the bronx. The only bad thing I have to say about the school is that its boring. Don't expect to get anything else out of this school but education. There is no night life, no clubs to join, no extracurricular activities, just plain school. Its also hard to make friends here. The students are nice and will talk to you, but most students work and go to school so don't expect anyone to have a cup of coffee with you after class. Not happening. Everyone is in a rush to get out.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2017