StudentsReview :: Mercy College - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA
University of Saint Francis -- Joliet, IL

Mercy College

Mercy College will make it extremely easy for

Aug 28 2014Unknown
Mercy College will make it extremely easy for you to begin college, impossible to complete. The Financial Aid department has a major us-vs-them mentality with no care in the world if you ever graduate. Trust me, if you go to Mercy, you WILL, with 100% certainty, get a hold placed on your account followed by a $6,000+ bill in the mail with minimal contact from the dept. Should you go to Mercy? The classes are painfully easy. The administration doesn't care. The tuition is WAY too high. No name or prestige. Headaches from Financial Aid. The classes do not transfer to other schools when you decide Mercy College is a joke. Did I mention HOLDS on your account that will cause you to miss entire semesters? Tuition is $2,000/class. At $2,000 a class you would think you would be treated better by the administration...Why would you decide to put yourself through that? If you are reading this and are not a student at Mercy yet, common, look at all the other reviews. See a common thread going on here?TL/Dr: "DON'T GO TO MERCY" says Mercy College student.

Such a scam, had a problem with Mercy

Aug 04 2014Psychology
Such a scam, had a problem with Mercy since day one, now they are withholding my degree because of a mistake THEY made, making me spend even more money to satisfy ONE credit. The C term classes , although convenient, are extremely rushed and it is very hard to actually learn anything. One of the only good things about this school is that the Bronx campus is in a convenient location and is well-kept and small.
4th Year Female -- Class 2014
Scholastic Success: A, Individual Value: F

I have to say that the worst part of my experience was the

Aug 07 2014Unknown
I have to say that the worst part of my experience was the administration and the lengths they went to dupe me into attending this school. I was called by a person representing themselves as an admissions officer who verbally promised me the same scholarship that I had been awarded from a different college. They also said that I was accepted into a specific program. I had applied for the upcoming Fall semester but was told that if I rushed in right away I could register for the spring term and get a head start. I was told that I did not have to wait for an admissions letter confirming my acceptance into the program nor did I have to worry about the scholarship either-- it would all be in my files. When I registered I was told that my scholarship would begin in the Fall. When I registered for classes in my major I was contacted by the head of that department and told that I had to wait for Fall as well. I had enrolled in other courses already and had declined my scholarship for the other school. The fall semester came and went. The excuse was that my paperwork/packet was mislaid. For spring I was told to fill out a FASFA form, and that my scholarship would kick in for that semester. Of course nothing materialized. I was told to wait until June and that I would definitely be given my scholarship award for my senior year. Of course by that time I realized that the scam was going to be perpetuated until they had bled me dry. I transferred to a reputable university for my senior year. I cancelled one summer class that they had registered me for ( based upon the promise that scholarship money was forthcoming) and now they are hounding me for the fees for this class that was never taken. Run, do not walk away from this place! The academics are not strong. The professors are hit and miss. They do not offer scholarships. They are not interested in attracting good students. They want to fill their halls with people who can pay through the nose or who can bring a pile of financial aid with them. They are not concerned with the huge amount of dept that students will be burdened with thanks to their shoddy ethics. Adding insult to injury, I was not able to graduate with honors at the end of my senior year ( with a 4.0 average) because I had not attended the university for enough semesters! Thank you Mercy College for defrauding me of $12,000 in scholarship money and for depriving me of graduating with honors because I was hijacked.
Get free info from: Mercy College