StudentsReview :: Marymount Manhattan College - Comments and Student Experiences

Fordham University -- Bronx, NY
Marymount College of Fordham University -- Tarrytown, NY

Marymount Manhattan College

For such a small school, there are SOQuite BrightBiology
For such a small school, there are SO many clubs and student groups, educational and just for fun. For being a liberal arts school, I have to say the science department is surprisingly the BEST thing about this school. The faculty in the science department is very supportive and inclusive. Most faculty at Marymount is like this. Making friends is easy within in your department, but if you are not a theatre major, then chances are you will feel excluded or annoyed in most areas on campus. However, I think this school is very underrated and overlooked, when in fact we have some SUPER talented and smart people. I am very lucky to go to such a great school.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2019
Education Quality: A+, Extracurricular Activities: C+
Alright I decided to go to Marymount veryBrightPerfomance Arts
Alright I decided to go to Marymount very last minute as an Acting Major. It was one of the best decisions of my life. I am a BFA Acting major and I had the best experience with my acting class. We really became a family and had to work together and watch each other in rehearsals. The acting classes are very challenging depending on your background and the professor but overall it is a great program. Now some of the academic courses seem not that difficult but honestly I pushed myself to the next level and was very challenged academically as well. You as the student has to decide if you want to push yourself. Overall the student body is good. Not everyone is super friendly but I have met some amazing people. There are great clubs and organizations but again it is up to YOU how much you get involved. The school offers a lot of opportunities and honestly it is the students who don't take advantage of them! If you love sports I would recommend looking at different schools because Marymount is not a sports involved school and only has one soccer club. Most of the time the students who don't like Marymount aren't involved! And if they are and still don't like the school it is because they feel above everyone else! Now if you are not a performance major let me warn you this school is very focused in the arts. But if you have toured the school and met professors and feel good about it then do it! College is about getting OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE! And if you go to a college and don't like it then TRANSFER!!!! Not every college is perfect for every type of person! Overall Marymount was the best decision of my life!
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Education Quality: A+, Scholastic Success: B+
I transferred to Marymount from another college, andQuite BrightPerfomance Arts
I transferred to Marymount from another college, and could not be happier with my decision. I am in the Theater Performance major, and all of the faculty I have come in contact with have all been so talented and giving of their time and energy, as well as being fantastic teachers in the classroom. Yes their program is a bit less selective than others, but so many end up dropping out for personal reasons or to pursue other majors, that the amount of performance majors levels out usually after the freshman year. There are so many performance opportunities, both Mainstage and student run. It's a small school, so everyone in each department knows each other and it's quite a tight-knit community. The professors will all know you by name, extend you their help if you need it, and treat you as a unique individual. I can't say enough great things about this school.

That being said, no school is for everyone, and Marymount is no exception. If you want a school you can hide away in the corner at, don't come here: you will get a lot of individualized attention. Also, don't come here if you're a girl trying to pick up guys, there are very few guys here. That being said, you are in the middle of Manhattan, I'm sure you can find somewhere else to get laid.

The dorms are really overpriced, so I would just live off campus if you can. Oh, and if you want a party school, don't come here. There are parties, but it's not a campus school and there are no sororities or frats, so there aren't parties all the time. But again, you're in Manhattan, so there are a ton of places to go out at night that aren't related to Marymount.

Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: C+