StudentsReview ™ :: Marist College - Comments and Student Experiences

Quinnipiac University -- Hamden, CT
Fairfield University -- Fairfield, CT

Marist College

This school is in an old unsafe neighborhood

Jan 23 2014Linguistics
This school is in an old unsafe neighborhood. I am still without housing because all safe neighborhoods cost at least 2000/month. The staff can be very rude and unhelpful. I am not able to receive mail at school (even though I have no address and need to have a textbook mailed to me) because I don't live on campus. (I am currently staying in a hotel until I can find a safe place to live.). I do not recommend anyone going to this school.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Scholastic Success: B+, Innovation: F

Worst college ever

Apr 05 2012Biology
Worst college ever. Nothing good to say. I asked the school to take back my degree and all courses. The actual statement I received was "you got what you got" nice English and professional demeanor from a so called respected university. Yes I did graduate and currently taking other graduate courses in an unrelated field to studies at Marist.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F

Marist college is a great school, don't get

Apr 02 2012Communications
Marist college is a great school, don't get me wrong, but i was suckered into something like this from my family for the past 2 years. Unless you want to be exposed to a bunch of drugs, drink heavily, or go on the hunt for a fake ID to go out every weekend this is the place for you. They have no social life which is why getting into academics is great. You have no choice but to study or do all of the above. My personal experience here made me completely unhappy, the only thing i got out go it was friends. The town is dangerous and disguisting, the campus has no diversity, the student body consists of the same kind of bland attitudes with the mindset of getting drunk and doing drugs. Marist makes you choose between an education and your sanity. Unless you really like this school and it is your dream i say go for it, but if you're on the fences about marist theres so many other places that you can be more for certain and happier all around. Marist didn't cut it for me and a pretty good amount of people i know. So just be certain when applying here.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014