StudentsReview ™ :: Marist College - Comments and Student Experiences

Marist College

Jan 27 2014Business - Management and Administration

I loved Marist.

Starting Job: Campus Coordinator Preparedness: B Reputation: B-

I am from a small town in Fairfield

Jul 28 2013Business - Management and Administration
I am from a small town in Fairfield County, Connecticut and Marist was the best choice for me. Originally, I was set on going to Babson College or Bentley University. But, on accepted students day I immediately felt that I was in the right place.

Marist challenged me to come out of my shell and push myself so hard. The professors demand you grow up and do not throw around excuses to get out of work.

The nightlife at Marist is more than I could ever ask for. There is always a lot to do. We have a small greek life. But, it is more than enough to give those who want to be in it satisfaction. There are a lot of clubs and bars that let freshman in. Also, a lot of sports teams throw huge parties.

Housing freshman year obviously sucks (it's supposed to). Sophomore year and beyond offers students kitchens and living room areas. Marist uses priority point systems to give students housing based on their involvement with the school, grades, and disciplinary history. Many people complain about priority points. Priority points push us to join clubs that we otherwise wouldn't. But, these clubs and leadership positions give Marist students an edge over average students who get involved a lot less.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: A-

I had a hard freshman year and bad

Nov 18 2012Communications
I had a hard freshman year and bad roommates, but I stuck through it and made my best friends sophomore year and now have amazing friends and an amazing internship thanks to Marist. The only thing that is not great about Marist is the cafeteria food, which is not good at all. Also, Marist does not allow you to choose your freshman roommate and that is not great.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014