StudentsReview :: Mohawk Valley Community College Utica Branch - Comments and Student Experiences

Mohawk Valley Community College Utica Branch

Most of the staff I asked help from

Nov 01 2012Undecided
Most of the staff I asked help from would not even give me the time of day. My math teacher is really rude to certain students. If she does not like you by the end of the first week she will treat you like crap and make it unbearable to show up to class. I did run into some helpful and nice people. They went out of their way to help me after I made some huge mistakes on some paperwork. But the rude people far outweigh the nice. They screwed up my welcome package and sent it to the wrong address. When we went to correct it they had the right address on the computer but still managed to screw it up. Halfway through the semester they sent out a letter about medical records and again sent it to the wrong address again. Then they have the nerve to blame me for their mistakes. I'm so glad that I'm leaving soon. It was a huge mistake to go here.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: B-, Education Quality: F

This college is great for a community college

May 26 2005Undecided
This college is great for a community college. It's better then my previous college, Herkimer CCC. One difference is at MV they treat you like an adult, Unlike at HCCC, where they treat you like a high school student. The Parking does suck at the begining of the year at the Utica Campus only. Campus Cops are alright, except for parking violations. They have two campuses, Rome/Utica. The Rome campus is smaller and doesnt have much. I highly recomend the utica campus more. Utica is not that bad. It is not a small Hick Town, But then again it's not a big city like Buffalo or NYC. Most of the teachers are alright. IF YOU NEED TO TAKE A SCIENCE CLASS, ***DO NOT*** SIGN UP FOR ANY OF MR. LATUCCA'S CLASSES. Most of the class failed. I have been accepted at many 4 year schools and I was tempted to take an extra semester at MV, because I liked the school so much.
1st Year Male -- Class 2005
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: B-

People are quick to put down a community

Feb 27 2004Undecided
People are quick to put down a community college and it wasn't uncommon to hear "MV SUCKS!" But once you transfer to another college, MV suddenly seems more appealing. Everything is very organized, the staff is friendly, the instructors know what they're doing, are approachable, and were always willing to help when I needed it. There's a lot of academic support so there's no reason you can't do well and there's many different and unique courses that you may not even find at large universities. The buildings and campus are well maintained and clean. The only downside to it is the parking there sucks and security is quick to give tickets because you park on the grass instead of parking so far away -- but the crammed parking lots usually empty out as the semester progresses due to people dropping out. Also, if you live on campus, don't expect much in the surrounding area -- it's very boring.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2003
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Social Life: F

Kansas City Art Institute (MO)

University of Central Missouri (MO) 1:negative

California State University Sacramento (CA)

Ultimate Medical Academy (FL) 1:positive