StudentsReview :: Mohawk Valley Community College Utica Branch - Comments and Student Experiences

Mohawk Valley Community College Utica Branch

Mvcc really prepared me for my field of

Apr 09 2013Nursing
Mvcc really prepared me for my field of work. I have heard so many people bash this school. I find they are people who were not accepted into the program or people who flunked out and transferred to other schools. Any education is something YOU have to work at. You can't expect to be spoon fed info and have other people do your work for you or use all kinds of excuses. Ultimately each person has to pass the same boards!
Starting Job: Rn floor nursing Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

This college was such a waste of my

May 30 2014History/Histories (art history/etc.)
This college was such a waste of my time and money, and the environment there was brutal and awful. It struck me that the administration saw us as money in a corporate way and nothing else. Others were unhelpful, distant or not even available at all. Then there were the students who treated professors and others like garbage and had little respect even for themselves. What a bad experience. I can't wait to get away from it. Do yourself a favor and go to a real college that will challenge you in a positive educational way, even if you have to pay more to get it. Really.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Scholastic Success: C-, Education Quality: F

The school, in my opinion is very unorganized

Nov 14 2012Psychology
The school, in my opinion is very unorganized. They tell me one thing, then another. I am directed to many different people, and I get different answers from each person. My advisor had no idea what I was supposed to be taking, yet he mention he had been there for a while. They treat people like garbag, and try to get as much money out of the student as the possibly can. I am completely unsatified with this school, I refused to even go at first, but I had no choice at my current standings. I take some classes online, and I have one teacher who has yet to help me with anything, concluding me to fail this required course. I have emailed my advisor, and the teacher many times and never got any information in regards to the course. If I even received an email back. I have a friend who tried getting in and they are giving him an extremely hard time since he is in the military. This "college" should really reconsider how they run, and treat people.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014