StudentsReview :: Mohawk Valley Community College Utica Branch - Comments and Student Experiences

Mohawk Valley Community College Utica Branch

This college was such a waste of my

May 30 2014History/Histories (art history/etc.)
This college was such a waste of my time and money, and the environment there was brutal and awful. It struck me that the administration saw us as money in a corporate way and nothing else. Others were unhelpful, distant or not even available at all. Then there were the students who treated professors and others like garbage and had little respect even for themselves. What a bad experience. I can't wait to get away from it. Do yourself a favor and go to a real college that will challenge you in a positive educational way, even if you have to pay more to get it. Really.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Scholastic Success: C-, Education Quality: F

Most of the staff I asked help from

Nov 01 2012Undecided
Most of the staff I asked help from would not even give me the time of day. My math teacher is really rude to certain students. If she does not like you by the end of the first week she will treat you like crap and make it unbearable to show up to class. I did run into some helpful and nice people. They went out of their way to help me after I made some huge mistakes on some paperwork. But the rude people far outweigh the nice. They screwed up my welcome package and sent it to the wrong address. When we went to correct it they had the right address on the computer but still managed to screw it up. Halfway through the semester they sent out a letter about medical records and again sent it to the wrong address again. Then they have the nerve to blame me for their mistakes. I'm so glad that I'm leaving soon. It was a huge mistake to go here.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: B-, Education Quality: F

The school, in my opinion is very unorganized

Nov 14 2012Psychology
The school, in my opinion is very unorganized. They tell me one thing, then another. I am directed to many different people, and I get different answers from each person. My advisor had no idea what I was supposed to be taking, yet he mention he had been there for a while. They treat people like garbag, and try to get as much money out of the student as the possibly can. I am completely unsatified with this school, I refused to even go at first, but I had no choice at my current standings. I take some classes online, and I have one teacher who has yet to help me with anything, concluding me to fail this required course. I have emailed my advisor, and the teacher many times and never got any information in regards to the course. If I even received an email back. I have a friend who tried getting in and they are giving him an extremely hard time since he is in the military. This "college" should really reconsider how they run, and treat people.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014