StudentsReview ™ :: Orange County Community College - Comments and Student Experiences

Orange County Community College

May 23 2013Other

The people working in the financial aid and admissions offices are incompetent.

1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Collaboration/Competitive: B, Faculty Accessibility: F

I have spent 2 1/2 years of my

Mar 07 2013Unknown
I have spent 2 1/2 years of my life at OCCC. Faculty is horrible. At one point I was trying so desperately to get financial aid and the woman running the office tried selling me Mary Kay. Who does that?? VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. The school is horribly run. One councilor could tell you one thing and the other could tell you something completely different. So I would advise anybody looking to attend this school to be very cautious before spending money on classes. THE SCHOOL ONLY WANTS YOUR MONEY. I will never in a million years go back IF YOU PAID ME. Many can vouch for this.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2017
Collaboration/Competitive: B-, Education Quality: F

The bursars office is horroble

Feb 16 2012Criminal
The bursars office is horroble. Immediately after a phone conversation my record was put on hold and late fee of $50.00 added. I could have paid the lousy $139.20 that day but the woman would rather slap the extra $50.00 on me. I am a vet using the post 911 GI bill and NYVTA. Times are hard and the school is indifferent to peoples needs. I can't afford to throw away $50.00 each semester because the school needs money. Whomever is running the bursars office should be removed. This will probably be my last semester at the school because of this.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014