StudentsReview :: Pace University New York - Comments and Student Experiences

Hofstra University -- Hempstead, NY

Pace University New York

just avoid this school

May 21 2014Economics
just avoid this school. This school has been charged by numerous unlawful practice to its faculty and students. Things like failing to award the right degree, treating its international students badly, messing up with immigration paperwork, etc.
4th Year Male -- Class 2014
University Resource Use: A, Useful Schoolwork: F

The Business program at this school is great,

Jul 01 2014Business - Management and Administration
The Business program at this school is great, except for you occasional foreign professor that you cant under stand. But the school its self is awful, unhelpful, and will milk you for ever dollar that you have. When it comes to your financial aid it will go down every year, as tuition goes up, unless you call the office of student accounts 100 times and freak out on them. I have been charged $75 for paint chips on my wall that I was told I would not be fined for, $70 for being in a friends room that smelt like weed (we were not smoking), $50 two times for a lost mail key, and $25 for lost ID card. When in real life this could all be replaced for under $50. Their logic is ridiculous also it does not matter if you have a valid argument against your charges they will charge you anyway. And your always "guilty by association" so if you like to party DONT DO IT IN THE DORMS YOU WILL GET CAUGHT AND FINED. Most of the food here is awful it will give you horrible stomach cramps and the runs, try to keep your meal plan small as possible and buy food at the market. Also the people here suck because its such a broad spectrum majority of students are performing arts or business and those personalities clash so much, dont expect to make any friends out side of your floor in Marias tower freshaman year, and expect to be left with 4 friends by the time your a senior. If I have the luxury, time, and effort to transfer I would in a heart beat. My advice: AVOID THIS SCHOOL.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: A+, Education Quality: F

Now, this school was just not right for

May 17 2014Undecided
Now, this school was just not right for me. I thought I would like the city but turns out I didn't. It may not even be the city, but the school. Pace is very different compared to even other schools in Manhattan... and not in the good way. The school has very little activities at all for students and you feel like all of the events are lame if they are. Very lame might I say. Whenever they throw a good event for students they are packed, pretty much everyone in NYC is there. Now, you might be like well they probably do that cause you're in NYC, well NYC is expensive and being in FiDi is very boring. That area of Manhattan is probably the worst part of Manhattan. Now, on the other hand it's probably the safest area in the city being across the street from the police HQ and city hall. The bad part of the school is the building, now I was a business major so I took all my classes in 1 Pace Plaza. The building is from 1969 and hasn't gotten anything renovated since. Well most of the school anyway. The cafeteria is okay, but the weekends is like a ghost town only the grill and maybe the sandwich station is open... You'll love the food at first because it is good! I had no complaints the only thing is variety it's all the same and you really just hate eating there sometimes. It also is so crowded during 12-1 PM. It's like that at every school, but the cafeteria is so small for a school that has about 5000 kids at that campus. It'd be fine if there were less students. The dorms are very good at Pace! Even Maria's Tower which is from 1969 and only has like 2 years left I believe of being open. Even though it's old I liked it when I lived there. The bathrooms are okay, but if you dorm anywhere else you'll be fine. The dorms are amazing! There just isn't a lot of options, you might live in the same building 2-3 years in a row. They are also close to class which is good. Now lemme go back to the main building, very old and mainly un-renovated. They are starting to try to renovate it, but with how much you spend you should expect a beautiful building. It's still 90% old. Now the other classroom buildings like 163 William Street and the performing arts buildings are beautiful.. all brand new and high tech! Except 41 Park Row which is mainly offices but that building is also old but that's fine since nobody really goes there. Now classes are not hard I thought... I heard kids say they get D's and C's and I really never got anything below a B+. Now idk how the major classes would be if I stayed for junior year. The school's name is terrible... even in the city... nobody knows Pace. It's really sad because for the money you expect to be known. People will be like "I didn't even know that was in the city." This school will fine you for anything or charge you for everything..... Especially at the cafeteria you'll be charged for things you never get just so they rack up more money... idk why.... really... That was one of the worst things... So much for "non-profit." I really liked all my professors though at Pace... They were really great and were willing to help you if needed. 90% of them were old, I'm pretty sure I only had 1 or 2 professors that were actually a young age. While 80% of them were 65+. Tech isn't a big thing at pace, since the professors are so old, they can't even work computers. So you'll probably not know your grade till you finish the semester. Like I sad, they were really friendly. If I ever needed help they would help me! Only one professor I hated and was the most bi tc hy c u n t there was. Now the people at Pace were pretty normal! I mean the girls were really snobby though... and the other half were as easy as pie looking for any guys attention. Being a straight male here is amazing, lots of eye candy. Since you're in NYC you'll see very fashionable girls. I have to say you'll meet soooo many hotties. Most guys are gay so straight guys have it easy here. Beware you will see everyone in the caf or library 2304304040504 times. One quick note on safety, VERY SAFE. They are crazy with security so you'll never feel unsafe about people being in your dorm cause there's 24/7 security and you need to scan an id and show it to even get in. Very annoying for students, but it is for your safety. That's pretty much all I have to say... I didn't like it that much at all. I'd give it a 3/10. The school needs to create more of a community because when I was there I felt no pride at all going there or connection with anyone there. Also I have to say for you performing arts kids, this review may not apply, I know the performing arts is very intense at Pace. You guys may find more than I did, but I just thought I would tell you guys considering. Most kids do want to transfer... About 60% of the kids at the end of freshman year transfer I felt. So all the friends you meet will leave which sucks. Thanks for reading if you read the whole thing. hope I could help.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016