StudentsReview :: The Paul Smiths College of Arts and Science - Comments and Student Experiences

Mount Holyoke College -- South Hadley, MA
Wellesley College -- Wellesley, MA
John Brown University -- Siloam Springs, AR

The Paul Smiths College of Arts and Science

Quite BrightZoology
This school is not worth its 40,000 dollar + price tag!
1st Year Female -- Class 1922
PSC what can I say about this school.Computer Science
PSC what can I say about this school. If I had to do it all over again it would not be at PSC. I was over 21 when I first started attending and they put me in the 21 and older dorm when I clearly asked on all the housing forms to be put in a quite healthy dorm. Everyone in the 21 and older dorm were hammered drunk by 3PM. Once in the quite health dorm I was much happier and had a couple of good roommate. As for teachers there was only one teacher that really made an impression on me. This teacher and I are still in communication to this very day. The rest of the teachers were just ok. My adviser was one of my teachers a and he could be a real asshole to students at times. Food was terrible and the food did not taste that good. The food company was sodexo. You would think a school that teaches culinary would have better food in the cafeteria. As for things to do. There was not that much on campus to do and getting to the next town was a 15-20 minute drive. It snowed most of the time in the winter there. Try driving in a snowstorm you get the picture. As for students with Learning Differences. I myself have learning differences and the support that was a joke. They make you take a form to your teachers that they have to read and sign that they understand that you have accommodations most of the teachers there just sign the form and than did not allow you to use your accomitiotions in class. You are better to sign up for NYS TRIO support they really do help. Tutoring is offered for most classes for free to the student. The person that ran that was a joke I got my tutoring canceled once for just saying I don't wanna to be pushed to do this in a way that I do not understand cause the tutor did not like me saying that. As for campus activities Board. Lucky getting on that. Unless you are in the click of people that are liked by the other members of CAB that you are not getting in. I came from Landmark College where I was part of everything including the Campus Activity Board and at Landmark College you were welcomed to any club that you join with open arms. I tried joining CAB at PSC and was not welcomed. To join PSC CAB I even gave my resume and had the director of activities and CAB at my prior school Landmark College email and call the director of activities at PSC and nothing happened. I was welcomed to help with one of PSC's event where I was asked to just sit on the sideline as everyone else did the work. One of PSC's members of CAB was so nasty that night I left and went back to my dorm and decided not to be involved in PSC CAB. There events were a joke as well. Not fun. They had dance after dance. Who wants to go to dance after dance. As for Girls there you are lucky if you find a girlfriend there as most of them are taken and any other girls that were not taken were the not so nice looking ones. I did not feel welcome at PSC and that is something that should never happen for any student. At my prior college Landmark College in Putney VT I felt totally welcome and at home. In fact I call Landmark College my second home. Now I can not comment on the other Degrees at PSC I was taking Hospitality. They offer courses in other things as well like culinary and fish and wildlife along with classes on cutting down trees and being a lumberjack. That is where I will leave my comment here bashing PSC. They deserve all the bashes I gave here. If you would like to take one of the degrees that PSC offers to to other colleges that offer the same thing as they have to be better than PSC. Stay away from PSC as much as you cam. You will be glad you did.
Spend a year here as a hotel student.AverageAccounting
Spend a year here as a hotel student. Worst mistake ever, I hated everything about PSC. I do actually consider myself an "outdorsy" person, so I was taken back by the beautiful campus and Paul Smith's in the summer. What they don't tell you is the snow stars around October and won't stop until late April at the earliest. IF you don't absolutely love skiing or snowshoeing or the snow in general, be ready for the longest, most boring winter of your life. Hello cabin fever. The food was just terrible. The company that makes the food called sudexo needs to be replaced asap. They must have other options. Students at Paul Smith are generally not serious about their work and use all kinds of illegal drugs at excessive rates, it is really quite sad. Very disappointing experience overall, I want a year of my life back too. Please consider these things if you are thinking of coming here.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017