The Rochester Institute of Technology
The Rochester Institute of Technology - Comments and Student Experiences|
I cannot say this for other majors but many of the art students are arrogant, rude, and will judge you by the way you do your work. The professors are a hit-or-miss. I really admire two of my professors, one of my professor didn't even know what my name was throughout the semester. My other professor out of the art area was rude, racist, and obviously choose favorites. Many of the teachers get pissy if you can't do something right.
Food is okay. If you choose well, it's not so bad. Though when I was applying for a job at one of my many cafeterias, the manager was asking me very inappropriate questions, questions were I could have sued that person for trying to know about my personal life. Food is too expensive though and some of it isn't even fresh.
Campus itself is hideous and all the buildings look the same because of those bricks everywhere. The statue that is supposed to represent a horse is probably the most ugliest statue I have ever seen. I seriously hope they tear it down. Many of the doors don't close properly and a lot of glass gets cracked. It literally takes the school weeks to repair it.
Many of the deaf students that I encountered were really rude.Dorms are horrid. I learned that people at RIT are too lazy to take stairs if they live in the second floor or if they are going from the basement to the first floor. Rooms have to share bathrooms and some people just don't know how to clean up after themselves. My RA was terrible as well.
9. The gym will be packed everyday all day. Mostly by people who don't know how to properly exercise
10. Every RIT website is confusing
11. Most RIT websites don't work properly
12. Enrollment is completely unfair. They hold extra spaces open for deaf students that don't require the course even though there are majors that require certain classes to graduate.
13. They have several food places to eat, but it's all interchangeable food, just a different name on the place. for example the chicken at salsaritas is the same at Gracies and commons and everywhere else that sells chicken. That goes for everything like pasta, cheese, etc
14. All facilities are run on RIT's time not the student's
15. To get to your classes you must first walk about half of a mile, and during 10 degree weather in a blizzard it is almost unbearable. And like i mentioned before these walkways aren't shoveled at all... that speaks for itself
16. Specifically to my major... the doors to the studios are never locked so students will come up and steal from you unless things aren't locked up tight at all times
17. they do things like construction in the middle of main campus walkways during prime class times. for example the other weekend they had a bucket truck in the middle of the main walkway hanging up a "Freezefest" sign while thousands of students had to walk by the dangerous site all day.. Negligence
18. from my experience with deaf students... they are immature and wreckless so prepare to put up with this behavior everyday.
19. All campus living is a scam. Do not live at Park point, province, Colony, etc. they are money hounds.
20. They claim to have a great hockey team... They were good for a few years, but not anymore.
21. Advisors usually aren't much help. They spend more time out of the office than they do in the office.
22. extremely ugly campus... it looks good from space though...
23. The buildings are designed and placed in a way that they become gigantic wind tunnels. This is not ideal for a place that is already above average windy
24. All the dorms are disgusting
25. Parties are horrendous. Most of the time they are held in Park point or Province apartments that are basically one room apartments so It's always just a bunch of weirdos standing around being weirdos
26. They host tours during the 4 weeks of nice weather in September and May to trick people into coming here. Little do they know there is a 6 month long intense winter
27. All the frats suck. They either consist of douche bags or weirdos
28. Most RIT events will be a complete let down due to either weather or just a bad event overall
29. When there are special events parking becomes closed off for special guests making your 200$ parking passes illegitimate for the time being.
30. Insufficient parking leads to you being late for class because you have to wait 10-15 minutes on average for a spot in your designated lot.
31. There is no community within the campus. it is pretty much a place for students to go to learn and do school work. there is no life within the buildings just static students there for one thing, education.
32. Every food place is way overpriced because they know they can get the money out of you. I mean where else are you going to eat?
33. "This University treats you as a person, not just as a number in the factory." The survey question asked this and I put F. If you get only one thing out of this survey please let it be this one. RIT does not give a fuck about you. Honestly the list goes on and on. I think of something new everyday mostly because these things genuinely do happen on a daily basis. The school is one of the biggest scams in the country and I hope this persuades you to look at other options. I would say the only thing that should make you attend RIT is that you are 5000% sure the major you want is exactly what you need and what you want to do for the rest of your life.