StudentsReview :: Roberts Wesleyan College - Comments and Student Experiences

Roberts Wesleyan College

I urge anyone who is thinking of goingSuper BrilliantMusic Education
I urge anyone who is thinking of going to this College for their Music Education program to NOT go. It is full of politics. There is a Music professor there who actually said to me "I like giving you grades other than an A to watch your face, you need to learn to no take things so seriously". He gave me a D+ in his brass class even though I got B's and A's in EVERYTHING. The music department also has a scholarship competition, it's called the Pressor Scholarship. It is based upon musicianship, academics, and extra curricular. The criteria is that you have to be a Music Major in order to apply. I had a 3.97 GPA, was involved in 6 ensembles, was first chair in each ensemble, and had a solo recital all three years that I was there (that is unheard of). They gave the scholarship to a non music major, who should not have even been considered. She had a 3.98 GPA and was involved in one ensemble and wasn't first chair. Now here's the catch, she is the daughter of that professor I previously talked about. AND. he was one of the professors on the jury for the scholarship. AND. he has a building named after him, so he obviously puts some money into the college. I eventually transferred because this said professor wouldn't stop harassing me. Yelling at me about how I didn't sound good on my instrument (even though everyone else said I was great, and I was first chair), give me lower grades for no reason other than to see me get upset, among other things. Whatever you do, please don't go to this school for music education.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2012
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Education Quality: F
Quite BrightSocial Work
Awesome education.. I loved Roberts..
Starting Job: Medicaid service coordinator ; Preparedness: A+ Reputation: B
This school is the most terrible place ever.Quite Bright
This school is the most terrible place ever. I stay locked in my room most of the time. The people that are "christian" are so judgmental and not trustworthy what's so ever. They are all fake. They act like your friend and talk behind your back. The small campus is terrible, everyone knows everything about you. Any relation you have with a guy is like a game of telephone and all of a sudden you are a whore on campus, when all you do is hangout. Religion is probably the worst part of this school. They say that it's suppose to open your mind about religion and give opportunities but In reality it is shoved down your throat. You are required to attend 22 chapel classes or you have to pay 100 dollars. The chapel classes are dreadful and forced you to sing and listen to a speaker explain why it's okay to be a holy roller.Every class they make you pray and no matter where you go that require that you participate. It's one thing to believe in god and another thing to be so over the top where you want to make people scream and drive others away from it. Religion is so over the top everywhere on campus and you become preached at. Words cannot describe how ridiculous religions is here. The rules in the dorms are also ridiculous. Guys are only allowed in five days a week, 6pm to 11 pm with the doors open and light on. Otherwise you are required to be In the lounge where a camera is. You are not allowed to make your own decisions as an adult, they make it for you.Campus security is everywhere. Mom pulls up to pick me up and campus security is right there wondering what she is doing. Next the food is terrible. It's all the stereotypical gross lunch food. It does not look appealing and most is fried anyways. Instead of gaining the freshman 15 , you lose it. You leave hungry and I know many including myself who still get upset stomachs.There is also no night life what so ever. If you are over 21 alcohol is still banned on the campus and they enforce it . If you want to have fun do NOT come to this school. I tried to have fun one night and I was caught and suspended within ten minutes! You walk out on Friday and Saturday night and all people do is watch movies and is asleep by 11. The campus is dead. The academics also are not that good. The science and nursing programs are the only good programs, everything else is average. Also the sports teams are average. None are very good because they are " Christian" and they do not believe in violence. Therefore, they are nice when they play sports. At this school you are not allowed to experience college and are unable to grow. You are constantly bound by rules and supervision. You are treated like a child and never allowed to make your own decisions. You are just one of their cult that they want to conform. I've been so depressed while I've been here and have no been so upset in my entire life. I'll be lucky if I make it through next semester. If you want college to be complete hell , please come to this school.
Surrounding City: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: F

Duquesne University (PA) 1:negative

Prescott College (AZ) 1:positive

Blinn College (TX) 1:negative

University of Kentucky (KY) 1:negative

Compare RWCSave RWC

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→