StudentsReview :: St Thomas Aquinas College - Comments and Student Experiences

St Thomas Aquinas College

I feel very fortunate to have found thisBrightComputer Science
I feel very fortunate to have found this school. I have a lot of positive feedback for STAC, but I'll start with some negative to get it over with. I feel that the school's status regarding whether or not it is religiously affiliated is very unclear, and this has caused issues recently. It does appear that there is some homophobic attitude within the school's board, and students/faculty/alumni have very recently taken a stand against this, recognizing that it isn't right. Another negative aspect of this college is that there are RA checks every night, sometimes at very disrespectful hours. This is inconvenient when I have early classes the next morning. The orientations every semester are incredibly unnecessary and I feel like I'm being treated like an unintelligent middle schooler when I attend them. "Don't rape, don't drink illegally, be nice to others." We've all heard it before, and hearing it again will not stop those who disagree from doing it. These required assemblies are more than aggravating.That's about all I have to say about the school in negative light. STAC has given me the time of my life over the past three years and I am devastated that I only have one remaining. I even decided not to graduate a semester early, picking up a minor so that I may stay longer. The teachers are awesome. There have been a few that I have disliked, but most of them are friendly, approachable, and knowledgable. I feel comfortable asking any questions and I enjoy spending time with them outside of class. Seeing them in the halls always puts a smile on my face and I'll miss them terribly when I leave. They've shown dedication and patience over and over again. My classes have, for the most part, been perfect as far as difficulty. They are challenging at times, but if you keep up with your work, it's fine. If you choose not to study or read the required materials, don't go bashing the school's reputation because of your laziness. There is always something to do at the school. There are constantly events being held with prizes and activities and there are so many clubs that I can't attend all of them-- it's just not possible. You'd have to be in two places at once. It's unfortunate that the club fairs do not receive much interest from many students because there are so many opportunities to have fun with friends at this school and people don't seem to know about them. I have made so many friends from joining the drama club as well as many others. If you're looking, there's always an event to go to. I won free text books last semester from attending BINGO, which is held almost every week. It may seem dorky, but one person in my group always walks out with free tshirts or shot glasses or lanyards-- it's exciting. If you want to drink illegally at a party on campus, it'll be difficult not to get caught, though I wouldn't say that's a major turnoff, since I'd prefer a school that makes me feel safe by enforcing *NYS/US law* as opposed to one that doesn't bother. If you want to drink with friends in a dorm room, you can do so easily without getting caught. It's not that big a deal... just don't be stupid. The school has many international students and I've met people from Africa, Asia, and Europe. The experience has been incredible and the small class sizes have gotten me close to so many people. I was bullied in high school, but I haven't once felt insecure at STAC. Overall, it's a friendly, fun, and exciting place to be.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C+
I am currently a freshman at St.AverageBusiness - Management and Administration
I am currently a freshman at St. Thomas Aquinas College and I have to say that this is the worst college. I made a terrible choice to come here and if I can go back I would of made a different decision. There is absolutely nothing to do both on campus and off. If you're expecting a night life or drinking of any sorts there is none. The RA's and campus safety check your dorms every night and I'm not exaggerating when I say this, it's every night. Try to do other on campus activities but when I went to the meetings I was the only one there. Half of my grade commutes and the other half goes home on weekends so there's literally nothing to do. The only kids who are here are the ones who cant go home. The school itself and the teaching staff it's OK but nothing too special I get the impression that they don't want to be here. The RA's arer way too strict and I'm currently getting fined $200 just because I have posters on my wall. I look at this school is a prison not a College. The bottom line is DON'T COME HERE.
1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Collaboration/Competitive: B+, Social Life: F
Worst College ever! Students are ignorant and close-minded;Accounting
Worst College ever! Students are ignorant and close-minded; has the mentality of high school freshmen. Cliques are a huge factor on this campus, especially if you dorm. Faculty is okay, nothing to rave about. Some of them are great at what they do, whereas, others are not. The only thing STAC really cares about is the money.

Duquesne University (PA) 1:negative

Prescott College (AZ) 1:positive

Blinn College (TX) 1:negative

University of Kentucky (KY) 1:negative

Compare STACSave STAC

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→