StudentsReview ™ :: Siena College - Comments and Student Experiences

Quinnipiac University -- Hamden, CT
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA
Fairfield University -- Fairfield, CT

Siena College

My biggest complaint about Siena is that it's

Dec 12 2003Computer Science
My biggest complaint about Siena is that it's growing beyond it's capacity. Parking is terrible and the housing office fights to keep up with new students.

To critique myself as a student and to give Siena a fair shake, I did not fit the Siena College mold.

What others have said about demographics is true and that is the Siena College mold. Being introduced to these type of people did help me to grow personally though.

The school is so small though that often times frends and I would have conversations about how Siena felt like less of a college and more of a high school. This was because there were tightly woven cliques.

The professors in computer science were truly great with only one outlier that comes to mind. They generally cared about your success even if you didnt.

Alcohol is King at Siena. Just drink off campus so as not to get in trouble by the alcohol policy. There are tons of bars in Albany but not enough clubs.

I was dating a RA while I was there. The disrespect that is shown on a weekly basis to anyone remotely related to an authority figure on the weekends is disgusting. Not a bad school. Just not for me.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2003
Individual Value: A+, Scholastic Success: C+
Dec 12 2003History/Histories (art history/etc.)

party hard, from the first day till the last, but do some work too.

4th Year Male -- Class 2002
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Individual Value: D+

I attended Siena for 2 extremely long years,

Aug 22 2003Business - Management and Administration
I attended Siena for 2 extremely long years, it is true that Siena offers a well rounded education, but it is not all that it is cracked up to be. Siena is too homogeneous for its own good. Minority students are very disreguarded and and uncatered to. I d not recommend this school to anyone who wants a well rounded college experience. Also, the surrounding area is DEAD!!!
2nd Year Male -- Class 2005