StudentsReview ™ :: Siena College - Comments and Student Experiences

Quinnipiac University -- Hamden, CT
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA
Fairfield University -- Fairfield, CT

Siena College

I'm currently a second semester senior at Siena

Feb 06 2013English
I'm currently a second semester senior at Siena. If it wasn't for the friends I made freshman year I probably would have transferred because my roommate and I did not get along. The academics are well handled, I felt challenged to actually think about what I was reading, not just memorizing it for tests. The teachers do care, they know how hard college can be and want to be there to help you. It is a small school and you do tend to recognize a lot of people by the end of the year, but that was fine with me so that is more of a personal choice.

A lot of the negative comments focus on how the students are arrogant and snobby. Though the athletes sometimes think they are all high and mighty, I have found that if you are simply nice then it's pretty easy to talk to people. Certainly not everyone you meet you will want to be friends with, but it's not that hard to talk to the students here. It is hard though, walking to class and seeing about 85% of the girls wearing Ugg boots and a North Face jacket.

It's also true that the majority of the school is from Long Island, so many of the students when to high school together.

There honestly is not much to do outside campus. There's diners, bars, and two movies theaters. The clubs are all gross and usually full of underage people. Albany is also scary, so people don't venture there much at night.

Last thing - Public Safety is a nuisance. They are on your back about everything and can write you up (if underage) if you are in the presence of a shot glass or solo cup even if you clearly have not been drinking. They like to break up house parties to look like they have some authority.Conclusion? Great professors that care about your education, but administration and public safety will try to get every penny out of you.

4th Year Female -- Class 2013
Faculty Accessibility: A-, Surrounding City: C

I hated every minute

Jul 12 2012English
I hated every minute I spent at Siena -- I knew I could have bene happier and done better at another school, but my sad parents were Catholic fanatics, and I paid the price for their belief.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F

Great small school, perfect if you want a

Jun 04 2012Computer Science
Great small school, perfect if you want a close-knit campus. Everyone knows everyone, which can be good and bad. Classes vary on difficulty based on teachers, as do all schools. Parties are usually smaller affairs, but good times can be had with the right people. Expect public safety to be on your business as a freshman, but not so much as you get older. I recommend this college
1st Year Male -- Class 2015