StudentsReview :: Siena College - Comments and Student Experiences

Quinnipiac University -- Hamden, CT
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA
Fairfield University -- Fairfield, CT

Siena College

Great small school, perfect if you want a

Jun 04 2012Computer Science
Great small school, perfect if you want a close-knit campus. Everyone knows everyone, which can be good and bad. Classes vary on difficulty based on teachers, as do all schools. Parties are usually smaller affairs, but good times can be had with the right people. Expect public safety to be on your business as a freshman, but not so much as you get older. I recommend this college
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, University Resource Use: B+

I did not like this school at all

Dec 12 2011Biology
I did not like this school at all. I am a freshman now and am transferring to another school for the spring semester. It started off with a bad housing experience. I was never told to be aware that there was a possibility of being tripled the later you sent in your housing forms, so needless to say I was tripled. The administration is also very rude. Luckily I got out of the triple because I complained every single day. The students are stuck up, snobby, and cliquey. I had a hard time meeting new people because the students were either all friends because they are from around the area or are all friends because they're from New York City. There is nothing to really do on the weekends unless you want to get wasted in disgusting dorms. The professors are somewhat helpful, but for the most part I don't feel like I received a GREAT education. The campus is very nice, but that's about the only thing that's good here. The food is disgusting and the dorms are not the greatest. All in all I had a pretty terrible experience at Siena and am transferring in a week.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A, Individual Value: C

Siena does a good

Jan 30 2012Business - Management and Administration
Siena does a good job roping in students without giving a true picture.. Choice of classes is poor compared to other schools, faculty doesn't care about the needs of individual students and many students act like high schoolers, find a clique and reject anyone different than they are. Compared to Suny Albany and St. Rose, the grounds are nice looking and safe. But once behind the gates you see how unsafe the place can be, how poorly trained the public safety staff is, wanna-be cops who pick on random students for invisible reasons. Sad to say, the landscaping is the best thing about the school. My gpa is good so my attitude isn't about bad grades. I have friends but it's mostly a cliquish place and if they give the impression of being a conservative school to parents -- its a joke. The administration acts holier than thou in terms of monitoring but I've never seen so many kids puke their guts out on a Saturday night (and my parents happen to be liberal/didn't shelter me in high school). Administration should stop acting militant about drinking. For some reason they give the (mentally limited) public safety allowance to order kids transported to hospitals if they smell like alcohol. Then they charge parents over $1,000 so the upshot is it pushes kids to drink stuff like straight vodka because its harder to detect on breath and easier to hide. . Im seriously thinking of transfer next year, lots of choices in business at a much lower cost. Final words, don't give it a second look. Siena is all show, no substance.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014