StudentsReview :: Siena College - Comments and Student Experiences

Quinnipiac University -- Hamden, CT
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA
Fairfield University -- Fairfield, CT

Siena College

I did not like this school at all

Dec 12 2011Biology
I did not like this school at all. I am a freshman now and am transferring to another school for the spring semester. It started off with a bad housing experience. I was never told to be aware that there was a possibility of being tripled the later you sent in your housing forms, so needless to say I was tripled. The administration is also very rude. Luckily I got out of the triple because I complained every single day. The students are stuck up, snobby, and cliquey. I had a hard time meeting new people because the students were either all friends because they are from around the area or are all friends because they're from New York City. There is nothing to really do on the weekends unless you want to get wasted in disgusting dorms. The professors are somewhat helpful, but for the most part I don't feel like I received a GREAT education. The campus is very nice, but that's about the only thing that's good here. The food is disgusting and the dorms are not the greatest. All in all I had a pretty terrible experience at Siena and am transferring in a week.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A, Individual Value: C

One important comment to

Aug 23 2011Computer Science
One important comment to all you computer science majors, don't take a class with Dr. Mary Anne Egan. She is a horrible teacher and has a worse personality.

Siena is overall a wonderful school

Oct 16 2011Biology
Siena is overall a wonderful school. The campus is beautiful and facilities are clean, modern, and well-maintained. Academics are challenging and most professors are personable and helpful. For the most part, students are friendly, down-to-earth, and want to have a good time. Almost all of my closest friends I have met at Siena.

Like every college, Siena isn't perfect. The main dining hall food isn't good at all and seems to be low quality, health services could be a lot better, and I agree what was said in a previous comment; administration doesn't seem to have the best interests for the students and makes unfair rules. Some people have said that Siena lacks diversity, but it definitely is more diverse than most other colleges in its class and seems to be improving. However, none of these negatives seem to ruin anyone's experience. I agree that Siena isn't for everybody. For example, if you prefer a big university with football, frats and sororities or a school offering more specialized majors Siena is not the right place. If you're looking for a smaller school with personal attention, Siena is a great choice.

4th Year Female -- Class 2010