StudentsReview ™ :: Siena College - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA
Fairfield University -- Fairfield, CT

Siena College

Apr 19 2011Political Science
Sorry this is long, but if you are especially a transfer student. Please read.
I'm giving a negative comment because I am currently attending Siena and wanted to check out reviews for the school to see if others had the same problem I am currently having. I transfered my spring freshman year from a community college. The process has been very difficult. The school administration did not do a good job to make transfer students feel welcome. They placed me in an upper classman building where everyone knew each other, and also placed me in the RA's room, which was unpleasant. This school is the size of my high school, I do believe that it is cliquey, especially as a transfer trying to make friends. I think that if you attend this school from the beginning of freshman year, you will love it. I have met a lot of great people who are also transfers, but no matter how hard I try everyone else is not welcoming. If it wasn't such a pain to transfer my junior year I would. I am unhappy with the closed-mindedness attitude of the students. As the other reviews, students do not try here, they really just float on and don't care, and become frustrated if they are not constantly handed bones from the professors. If you do not want an eye opening expeirence go here because it is just like the small town mentality and if you are the outsider, you will never be given a chance socially. There are a ton of activities the school provides though

The sports dominate the school, the atheletes are typically egotistical, but you need to remember almost eveyone you know will play a sport considering the size of the school. The school gives to much special attention and benefits for teams that are not as great as they may think.

Administration is awfulIf you are going to Siena because all you hear if how great the education is, then do not go. It will help you if you plan on getting a job around Siena where it is creditable. There is very little diversity, which makes it have this white dominance feeling, considering the amount of rasict comments I hear frequently.

1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Social Life: D+
Apr 19 2011Political Science
Sorry this is long, but if you are especially a transfer student. Please read.
I'm giving a negative comment because I am currently attending Siena and wanted to check out reviews for the school to see if others had the same problem I am currently having. I transfered my spring freshman year from a community college. The process has been very difficult. The school administration did not do a good job to make transfer students feel welcome. They placed me in an upper classman building where everyone knew each other, and also placed me in the RA's room, which was pleasant. This school is the size of my high school, I do believe that it is cliquey, especially as a transfer trying to make friends. I think that if you attend this school from the beginning of freshman year, you will love it. I have met a lot of great people who are also transfers, but no matter how hard I try everyone else is not welcoming. If it wasn't such a pain to transfer my junior year I would. I am unhappy with the closed-mindedness attitude of the students. As the other reviews, students do not try here, they really just float on and don't care, and become frustrated if they are not constantly handed bones from the professors. If you do not want an eye opening expeirence go here because it is just like the small town mentality and if you are the outsider, you will never be given a chance socially. There are a ton of activities the school provide

1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Social Life: D+

Siena provides a great faculty and staff, and

Mar 28 2011Unknown
Siena provides a great faculty and staff, and a great education as well. However, these are the only good things it provides.I have been at Siena for almost a year and it has absolutely sucked.It is very small and you see the same people quite frequently, and everyone seems to know everyones business.If you are looking to have a fun social experience DO NOT attend Siena. I was someone who regularly partied in high school and I absolutely hate the social aspect of this college.The only things to do are attend a grotesque 18+ bar called Dapps which recently has been shut down because of cleanliness issues,go to on-campus townhouses, or go into the city of Albany and risk getting stabbed. All in all, I was hoping to have the "college experience" but I am finding I enjoyed high school much more. Go here if you have no interest in partying and simply just want an education,but if you even want to have an ounce of fun and save yourself from drinking in a dorm room every weekend, pick otherwise.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014