StudentsReview :: Siena College - Comments and Student Experiences

Quinnipiac University -- Hamden, CT
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA
Fairfield University -- Fairfield, CT

Siena College

Siena College has perfectly prepared me for the

May 11 2011Business - Management and Administration
Siena College has perfectly prepared me for the management tasks that I am now facing in the workforce. This is kind of preparation goes well beyond the academic training. Siena truly forms leaders who have the character to accomplish outstanding achievements.

Since I am currently conducting graduate studies at a top business school in Europe, I can say that Siena prepares its students exceptionally well. Graduates from most other colleges are most definitely not as well prepared. I should also highlight that Siena offers a very warm environment in which students have the best conditions to study and grow personally at a level that would not be possible without the unique Siena atmosphere. I would say that Siena deserves and will eventually achieve a position among the 25 top-ranked colleges in the United States.

Starting Job: Management Consultant Preparedness: A+ Reputation: B+
Apr 19 2011Political Science
Sorry this is long, but if you are especially a transfer student. Please read.
I'm giving a negative comment because I am currently attending Siena and wanted to check out reviews for the school to see if others had the same problem I am currently having. I transfered my spring freshman year from a community college. The process has been very difficult. The school administration did not do a good job to make transfer students feel welcome. They placed me in an upper classman building where everyone knew each other, and also placed me in the RA's room, which was pleasant. This school is the size of my high school, I do believe that it is cliquey, especially as a transfer trying to make friends. I think that if you attend this school from the beginning of freshman year, you will love it. I have met a lot of great people who are also transfers, but no matter how hard I try everyone else is not welcoming. If it wasn't such a pain to transfer my junior year I would. I am unhappy with the closed-mindedness attitude of the students. As the other reviews, students do not try here, they really just float on and don't care, and become frustrated if they are not constantly handed bones from the professors. If you do not want an eye opening expeirence go here because it is just like the small town mentality and if you are the outsider, you will never be given a chance socially. There are a ton of activities the school provide

The sports dominate the school, the atheletes are typically egotistical, but you need to remember almost eveyone you know will play a sport considering the size of the school. The school gives to much special attention and benefits for teams that are not as great as they may think.

Administration is awfulIf you are going to Siena because all you hear if how great the education is, then do not go. It will help you if you plan on getting a job around Siena where it is creditable. There is very little diversity, which makes it have this white dominance feeling, considering the amount of rasict comments I hear frequently.

1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Social Life: D+
Apr 19 2011Political Science
Sorry this is long, but if you are especially a transfer student. Please read.
I'm giving a negative comment because I am currently attending Siena and wanted to check out reviews for the school to see if others had the same problem I am currently having. I transfered my spring freshman year from a community college. The process has been very difficult. The school administration did not do a good job to make transfer students feel welcome. They placed me in an upper classman building where everyone knew each other, and also placed me in the RA's room, which was unpleasant. This school is the size of my high school, I do believe that it is cliquey, especially as a transfer trying to make friends. I think that if you attend this school from the beginning of freshman year, you will love it. I have met a lot of great people who are also transfers, but no matter how hard I try everyone else is not welcoming. If it wasn't such a pain to transfer my junior year I would. I am unhappy with the closed-mindedness attitude of the students. As the other reviews, students do not try here, they really just float on and don't care, and become frustrated if they are not constantly handed bones from the professors. If you do not want an eye opening expeirence go here because it is just like the small town mentality and if you are the outsider, you will never be given a chance socially. There are a ton of activities the school provides though

1st Year Female -- Class 2013