StudentsReview :: Siena College - Comments and Student Experiences

Fairfield University -- Fairfield, CT

Siena College

Feb 11 2005Finance
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Please, if I have any impact on anyone in my life it is to say to stay away from this college. This is the most disgusting instition I have ever heard of. The administration is ridiculous, they will do anything to screw you over. All they do is kiss up to minority students while the white majority suffers. This place is not Irish Catholic anymore it is black and puerto rican loving and they screw them over to. Trust me if you go here you will hate it. They are disgusting. I am ashamed to be catholic for the first time in my life. It is to bad the church has no power here it is just the administration who are absolutely disgusting. PLEASE STAY AWAY THIS PLACE WILL KILL YOU. Never go here. Siena sucks
Apr 19 2011Political Science
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Sorry this is long, but if you are especially a transfer student. Please read.
I'm giving a negative comment because I am currently attending Siena and wanted to check out reviews for the school to see if others had the same problem I am currently having. I transfered my spring freshman year from a community college. The process has been very difficult. The school administration did not do a good job to make transfer students feel welcome. They placed me in an upper classman building where everyone knew each other, and also placed me in the RA's room, which was unpleasant. This school is the size of my high school, I do believe that it is cliquey, especially as a transfer trying to make friends. I think that if you attend this school from the beginning of freshman year, you will love it. I have met a lot of great people who are also transfers, but no matter how hard I try everyone else is not welcoming. If it wasn't such a pain to transfer my junior year I would. I am unhappy with the closed-mindedness attitude of the students. As the other reviews, students do not try here, they really just float on and don't care, and become frustrated if they are not constantly handed bones from the professors. If you do not want an eye opening expeirence go here because it is just like the small town mentality and if you are the outsider, you will never be given a chance socially. There are a ton of activities the school provides though

The sports dominate the school, the atheletes are typically egotistical, but you need to remember almost eveyone you know will play a sport considering the size of the school. The school gives to much special attention and benefits for teams that are not as great as they may think.

Administration is awfulIf you are going to Siena because all you hear if how great the education is, then do not go. It will help you if you plan on getting a job around Siena where it is creditable. There is very little diversity, which makes it have this white dominance feeling, considering the amount of rasict comments I hear frequently.

1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Social Life: D+
Apr 19 2011Political Science
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Sorry this is long, but if you are especially a transfer student. Please read.
I'm giving a negative comment because I am currently attending Siena and wanted to check out reviews for the school to see if others had the same problem I am currently having. I transfered my spring freshman year from a community college. The process has been very difficult. The school administration did not do a good job to make transfer students feel welcome. They placed me in an upper classman building where everyone knew each other, and also placed me in the RA's room, which was pleasant. This school is the size of my high school, I do believe that it is cliquey, especially as a transfer trying to make friends. I think that if you attend this school from the beginning of freshman year, you will love it. I have met a lot of great people who are also transfers, but no matter how hard I try everyone else is not welcoming. If it wasn't such a pain to transfer my junior year I would. I am unhappy with the closed-mindedness attitude of the students. As the other reviews, students do not try here, they really just float on and don't care, and become frustrated if they are not constantly handed bones from the professors. If you do not want an eye opening expeirence go here because it is just like the small town mentality and if you are the outsider, you will never be given a chance socially. There are a ton of activities the school provide

1st Year Female -- Class 2013