StudentsReview :: Siena College - Comments and Student Experiences

Quinnipiac University -- Hamden, CT
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA
Fairfield University -- Fairfield, CT

Siena College

Although Siena tries to remain relatively secular in

Jan 19 2004Biology
Although Siena tries to remain relatively secular in its advertising, so not as to turn away any students, the school itself promotes a campus atmosphere steeped in Catholicism and intolerance to other religious traditions. Unlike its other peer Catholic institutions, it seems to be moving in a more conservative direction in this manner. The professors are severely under-paid, and make the students well aware of it. Instead of paying faculty competitive salaries, the administration seems to be more concerned with investing in new facilities - many of which are not used to their full capacity. All of this, combined with the college's staggering debt and lack of alumni support, makes Siena a questionable investment.
4th Year Male -- Class 2004
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Individual Value: F

Siena College was the biggest waste of money!

Dec 12 2003Education
Siena College was the biggest waste of money! In the words of one of my professor's from there "you have to walk on water to get an -A or have connections". The students were snotty and the girls were mostly half wits. I wouldn't recommend this school to ANYONE!!! The school is full of bs! For instance, I had to move out of my room because my roomate was a year ahead of me! Not because she was a nutcase and wanted to room to herself!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2003
Surrounding City: A+, Education Quality: F

I started here at Siena college this past

Oct 19 2005English
I started here at Siena college this past fall. Initially i saw it as a small, comfortable, friendly place to live. Each visit I went on was better than the last, and it seemed the perfect choice for me being that I'm a bit shy. I felt that it would be easy to meet like-minded people here. Once I was actually enrolled, however, a dark cloud settled in over my life. As a freshman I was put into a forced triple...three girls in a two person room. I then soon found out that there is nothing to do here. Every student is the same...mindless, arrogant, and completely generic. The teachers are great, but two of my four professors have commented on the mindlessness and sheer awfulness of the student body. I think they take one stereotypical guy, and one girl and clone them to make up the student body. If you consider yourself at all a person who wants to learn...if you value originality and enjoy who you are, do not come here. Siena un-makes smart, individual, intelligent people. I am convinced there was a brainwashing ceremony at orientation that i must have missed...otherwise i'd be happy. siena college is the meaning of the phrase "ignorance is bliss"
1st Year Female -- Class 2008