StudentsReview :: Saint Joseph's College - Suffolk Campus - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Joseph College -- West Hartford, CT
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA

Saint Joseph's College - Suffolk Campus

I do not like the college very much,

Jan 31 2014Communications
I do not like the college very much, tuition was just increased along with the additional charge for printing school related work in the library. there is a certain amount of money in a "printing paper" account which limits the amount of printing, which makes it difficult to do school work- such as: create a lesson plan (you can not print out everything you need in order to teach a lesson, printing power point slides to study from, printing senior thesis etc. The school lacks diversity, very small campus, the gym is horrible it has old outdated worn out equipment; for the price of tuition, the gym should be much more up to date and made of better quality. The locker/shower rooms are also horrible. You can not get a REAL work out in and shower because the gym is of poor quality and the locker/shower room is gross. The majority of the faculty are nice.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Campus Aesthetics: D

Some of the professors are great in this

Jul 20 2013Business - Management and Administration
Some of the professors are great in this school. The management do not have an idea what they are doing. I had a terrible college experience and learned nothing during my college life. I was really excited to get my masters, but after going to Saint Joseph's, Im never ever going back to school again. The enrollment went down %25 in Spring 2013. There are plenty better schools around, so think twice before you apply.
Preparedness: B Reputation: F

As a transfer student from a large, urban

Nov 22 2013Psychology
As a transfer student from a large, urban setting university I absolutely love SJC. I love the close-knit feeling you get as soon as you walk onto campus. I do not see why people feel that this is a money grubber because that is not at all the impression I get from them. The last University I went to definitely had their hand in our pockets and could careless about helping their students, not at SJC! Any time I have to visit the financial aid office or any other administrative office I was always given helpful answers and advice. The professors in the Psychology department are extremely knowledgeable and caring. There were a couple of times that you might have to hunt down a professor or two but that's only because they are all so involved with their students and activities around campus. I would definitely recommend this College to anyone. Transferring here was the best choice I made.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015