StudentsReview :: University Buffalo - Comments and Student Experiences

Alfred State College SUNY College of Technology -- Alfred, NY
State University of New York/Binghamton -- Binghamton, NY

University Buffalo

I entered UB as a freshman and haveBrightBiology
I entered UB as a freshman and have attended ever since. I never made the decision to switch schools, and will be here till i graduate. Although it may appear as though I am doing well here, I have made the Dean's list every semester while Pre-Med and a double major; It is a daily struggle to tollerate this university. The only thing I like about this school is the fact I've been here so long that I know how it operates and am used to it here. I have never once felt as though I belonged to the school, most of my classes are 400 kids + and that has not changed in the three years i've been here. Most students are nothing more than a number at this university. I made the choice to attend college and get a degree, and that is what im getting, but if you want to enjoy your time at college I would consider options other than this university.
more→Feb 17 2015
3rd Year Female -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F
I got a BS at UB.Math
I got a BS at UB. Not what you think - though in the school men's rooms graffiti artists used a different name for UB.In the same vein, everyone I've talked to about UB mentions toilet paper and UB diplomas in the same sentence. Here's why: one of my professors graded my exam by copying the same handwritten sentence over and over then taping it to the answers on my exam. When I went to talk to him about it in his office he handed me another of my exams graded the same way and slammed the door in my face.Another professor decided to change the computer programming assignment he gave us a few days before it was due. I had questions on some exams that made absolutely no sense and were unanswerable, some students just said "the teacher was tough." I talked to one professor about the grading on a test and pointed out that he made a "really big zero" on one of my answers, he just laughed and thought it was the funniest thing. I appealed to the university's ethics board about the situation but of course they didn't really help, oh yeah! it was my fault I got those answers wrong on that test, and taping a copy of the same response to every question on a test is perfectly normal, how silly of me!What would Marilyn Monroe or Hemingway do; now I remember!
more→Sep 01 2014
The University at Buffalo is a wonderful schoolSuper BrilliantChemistry
The University at Buffalo is a wonderful school as long as you take advantage of all the opportunities that are offered. Being a large research institution, there are countless internships and undergraduate research positions available. The education received relies entirely on the effort put in. In other words, going through the motions will result in a degree from a state university, but hard work and dedication result in degrees with a thesis, undergraduate research experience, competitive fellowships etc.
more→Apr 04 2014