StudentsReview :: University Buffalo - Comments and Student Experiences

State University of New York/Binghamton -- Binghamton, NY

University Buffalo

The University at Buffalo is a wonderful school

Apr 04 2014Chemistry
The University at Buffalo is a wonderful school as long as you take advantage of all the opportunities that are offered. Being a large research institution, there are countless internships and undergraduate research positions available. The education received relies entirely on the effort put in. In other words, going through the motions will result in a degree from a state university, but hard work and dedication result in degrees with a thesis, undergraduate research experience, competitive fellowships etc.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: D+

Well... The school is

Mar 16 2014Accounting
Well... The school is quite strange. I mean it is nicknamed "The B.U." BU stands for University of B****es. The weather is over whelming and i failed like evry subgect.

I got a BS at UB

Sep 01 2014Math
I got a BS at UB. Not what you think - though in the school men's rooms graffiti artists used a different name for UB.In the same vein, everyone I've talked to about UB mentions toilet paper and UB diplomas in the same sentence. Here's why: one of my professors graded my exam by copying the same handwritten sentence over and over then taping it to the answers on my exam. When I went to talk to him about it in his office he handed me another of my exams graded the same way and slammed the door in my face.Another professor decided to change the computer programming assignment he gave us a few days before it was due. I had questions on some exams that made absolutely no sense and were unanswerable, some students just said "the teacher was tough." I talked to one professor about the grading on a test and pointed out that he made a "really big zero" on one of my answers, he just laughed and thought it was the funniest thing. I appealed to the university's ethics board about the situation but of course they didn't really help, oh yeah! it was my fault I got those answers wrong on that test, and taping a copy of the same response to every question on a test is perfectly normal, how silly of me!What would Marilyn Monroe or Hemingway do; now I remember!