StudentsReview :: The State University of New York College Brockport - Comments and Student Experiences

Alfred State College SUNY College of Technology -- Alfred, NY

The State University of New York College Brockport

May 04 2014Sociology

Overall, I had a very positive experience at Brockport. Don't go here if you're not a partygoer, though.

1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Education Quality: B, Education Quality: B

Brockport is a great school especially for the

Jan 06 2014Perfomance Arts
Brockport is a great school especially for the price. I love the friends I've made and the town. But I wanted to be challenged as a dancer. I came here to dance and had big expectations since this is an accredited dance school. My classes are cake and I'm getting worse. We barely stretch and ballet is viewed as a negative thing here. I have a 40 year old woman in my class who looks like she never dances. It's easier than where I danced in high school I dread going to dance everyday just to lay on the floor and "breathe". If you are an artist this is not the school for you
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Education Quality: C

I was a dual major at the school

Aug 03 2013Other
I was a dual major at the school (American Studies and Business Administration). Maybe things have changed in the Business program over the last two decades or so, but at the time, you were taught to be a cog in a machine instead of someone that could think about the big picture. The American Studies program (no longer exists) has provided me the tools that I use on a regular basis in gaining understanding of communities as an Urban Planner. One piece of advice...Do internships. If you don't, you will regret it later, especially if you don't come from a connected background or can rely on frat/sorority connections to get you in the door for the first job.
4th Year Male -- Class 1994