StudentsReview :: The State University of New York College Brockport - Comments and Student Experiences

Alfred State College SUNY College of Technology -- Alfred, NY

The State University of New York College Brockport

Nov 16 2014Nursing

Brockport has the best food in the SUNY system.

1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Education Quality: B, Education Quality: B
Sep 21 2014Unknown

Definitely the school for partygoers.

Preparedness: C Reputation: C

I couldn't afford the private school I was

Nov 09 2014Biology
I couldn't afford the private school I was accepted into despite getting great scholarships and grants. So, for two years I am attending Brockport before I transfer to the college that I originally wanted to go to. The good part is that there are some decent opportunities for success. If you really want to, you can create your own opportunities, volunteer, and be actively involved. That's the same at any college though. Now, the bad part about Brockport? Where do I begin? First of all, there was a kid stabbed last month for no good reason. A few years ago, a girl was literally murdered in her dorm. Google it if you don't believe me. People here are just violent and brutal. If they aren't violent, they're an arrogant moron who uses the words "bae" and "swag" (and not in the ironically funny way). This crap-fest of a college should be called "Rochester/Buffalo Extended High School" because that's all it is. I'm not from around here, and all I see is a bunch of kids from those two areas. What else is bad about it? I'm in quite a bit of clubs, and the leadership is atrocious. There was this one time when an officer of a club I was in had no idea who I was (literally she never saw me before in her life), but she trash talked me to other officers without realizing I was standing right there. The food here is "okay" but only one dining hall is open on the weekend, and it closes at 7. Do you want to know what that means? Good luck finding a place to sit. There have been times when I went with a buddy to the dining hall, and we had to leave because there were literally 0 open seats. Other people have that happen as well. It's because everyone is still in high school. They need to bring all of their little friends to go out to eat, and they need to push tables together. God forbid you eat alone if you're busy (like I am) because people will constantly go "awe, why do you eat alone, do you not have friends? That's so sad." Even if I just got out of a club meeting, and I need to be somewhere 20 minutes after the meeting, people will basically expect me to go find 32 of my closest friends to go eat. It's ridiculous. Also, if you go with the best meal plan possible, you get $225 in dining dollars. Two slices of pizza and a drink basically costs $7 and it's not even good pizza. Now, you're probably thinking that I am this big loser, and I'm just complaining about this college because blah blah blah. I'm not an outcast, I have friends, and I don't hate my life. This is an honest review of a sub-par college with crappy students. If you didn't do well in college, use the words "swag," "bruh," and "bae" then come here. If you go by the motto "c's earn degrees" then come here. If you care about getting a quality education, meeting down to earth people, and succeeding, stay as far away as northwest New York as possible. Trust me.
1st Year Male -- Class 2018