StudentsReview :: The State University of New York Purchase College - Comments and Student Experiences

New York University Graduate School of Arts and Sc -- New York, NY
Alfred State College SUNY College of Technology -- Alfred, NY

The State University of New York Purchase College

Purchase is a school that thinks "Wide Open"

Jun 07 2013Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
Purchase is a school that thinks "Wide Open". The school has a lot to offer by having four different Conservatories in the Arts and over twenty Liberal Arts degrees to choose from. The student life is extremely diverse here and there are a wide variety of clubs to join, i.e.. LGBTQu, LatinoUnidos, Cheese Club and many more. The Arts Conservatories are some of the best in the state and the facilities rank best among the country. The school is 30 minutes outside of Manhattan but has a ton of acreage to roam around on campus.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: C-
Nov 05 2011Political Science

This is an awesome school. The staff are warm and friendly, the people are nice, and its just awesome.

1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: C+

well, I'm a commuter and I didn't go

Jun 09 2012Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
well, I'm a commuter and I didn't go to purchase to socialize, so I can't say much about that. I never realized Purchase was a "gay" school until I found this site. Though the entire campus is very liberal- professors included. Some of the people you see around campus are wanna be artist types, true- to be expected of an art school. The campus is ugly, but as a commuter- I don't care. It's mostly transfer students at Purchase, so it's transfer friendly. The best thing about the school for me is the art department- outstanding. As a psych minor- I thought the psych dept. was pretty good, too. I've has lots of great professors and inspiring ones. I guess most people at Purchase are not that friendly because everyone is busy being cool, but you're bound to find your niche if your arty. I would recommend this school to any commuter-I can't speak for living there. It's been a great experience for me.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013