StudentsReview :: The State University of New York College Buffalo - Comments and Student Experiences

State University of New York/Binghamton -- Binghamton, NY
State University of New York College at Geneseo -- Geneseo, NY
Albany State University -- Albany, GA

The State University of New York College Buffalo

Buffalo State is an utter disappointment

Aug 26 2013Other
Buffalo State is an utter disappointment. A small private liberal arts college is better than this place. The hospitality administration program is a waste of time and you will be promised to get a job in management, but you will have to start out making $8.00 an hour before you move up in any company. The faculty plays favorites. Some professors grade fairly while others are hard nosed even if you complete all the work assigned. This major stinks.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2009
Friendliness: B, Education Quality: F

My biggest issue with UB is that the

Aug 14 2014Psychology
My biggest issue with UB is that the faculty (teachers) wait until the last minute to post books needed for the course. For people like me who like to be prepared ahead or beat crowds due to being on crutches it would be nice to be able to get the books a couple weeks ahead, there are a few teachers in the smaller classes where we are not just numbers that are on top of things however, but for the big lectures, they are quite ... less than I would expect
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Maintenance: A, Collaboration/Competitive: F

I was on a bus full of incoming

Apr 23 2013Undecided
I was on a bus full of incoming freshmen students and I have never felt so much racial hatred in my life. They would not speak to me, allow me to sit with them, and constantly gave me dirty looks. This school prides themselves on diversity and I felt nothing of that sort on the bus. The bus was full of ignorant people who did NOTHING to try to get to know me, but judged me on my race. I will NOT be attending this school because of this experience. I refuse to waste thousands of dollars to go to this mediocre school full of racist and prejudicial freshmen students. Diversity is not what you will find at this institution. The campus is very nice, but these type of people will ruin the experience. I cannot even express fully my disgust for the people on that bus. The adult on the trip also did not do anything, however, I will forgive his obliviousness because I did not actually complain to him. I was too afraid of getting more hate than I was already receiving.