StudentsReview :: Buffalo State SUNY - Comments and Student Experiences

State University of New York College at Geneseo -- Geneseo, NY
Albany State University -- Albany, GA

Buffalo State SUNY

This school SUCKS! Do not come here atSuper BrilliantBiology
This school SUCKS! Do not come here at all. When I was applying for college I use to look atthese sites to help me make a decision and I'm very upset that no one was as truthful as I am about to be.

Residence
The doorms all smell like burnt popcorn and the beds squeak so much even if you move one inch.
You can hear everyones conversation in the hall and hear doors slam all the time. The shades on the windows break on its own because of the wind and they charge you for it as if it is your fault. The firealarm goes off every week, if not twice in one night. The RA's do not care about the job, they took that job for the free housing.

Food
Food was good at first, as would any buffet style dining hall. But after a while they began to have the same menu all the time. They used leftovers all the time. One time we had pizza with sausage topping and the next day for breakfast those same sausages were served with eggs. The staff all looks as if the only reason they have a job there is because they were ex-convicts.

Social Life
SUCKKKKS. frats suck, sorority sucks, government sucks. People actually die out here. Buffalo is a horrible city and not to long ago a sex offender snuck his way on campus and attempted to sexually harrass a student walking back to her dorm.

University Police Deparment
DO NOTHING AT ALLL BUT RUIN YOUR LIFE. If you are having problems with your roommate, and your roommate reports you, they will not hear your side of the story and suspend you. NO questions asked, no explanations. Done deal, no finals for you, no classes, and youre kicked out of your dorm. They violate your rights. Kids caught with pounds of illegal weed get more rights than those who actually didnt do anything.

Location
Buffalo is boring. Every time you get on the stinky bus you are guaranteed at least one person trying to talk to you. Like I said, people die hear. On front lawns of parties because of gun shots.

Campus
At first, the Sports Arena caught my eye because it's nice looking. But once you leave it you will realize how dirty this school is. There is construction going on anywhere and students smoking on benches. Just do not come here, please. This school is not worth it and you will get a better education at a community college. They make you pay for the smallest things ever even though you are already paying a tuition that should be less because this school is horrible.

1st Year Female -- Class 2014
I was an English Education major who completedBrightEnglish
I was an English Education major who completed both my undergraduate and graduate work at the college. I am so sick of hearing people say, "Buff State is not UB." No kidding. I attended UB before I switched to Buff State and found my experience much more educationally enriching at the latter (especially for my major). Like anything in life, you will get out of it what you put in to it. I left the school VERY WELL prepared and found a teaching job in Buffalo relatively easily (not an easy feat). I credit both the English and Education departments for providing me with a great education and tons of help and support. Get involved, do your work, get to know your professors, and don't act like a tool. You will get along just fine.
4th Year Female -- Class 2006
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: C
I attended the University at Buffalo from 2000-2005BrightHistory/Histories (art history/etc.)
I attended the University at Buffalo from 2000-2005 and I will be returning this fall for my graduate degree. I've fallen in love with UB in many ways. It's not perfect, but I really enjoyed my time and I'm looking forward to going back.

UB boasts a crazy amount of student associations and a healthy Greek life if you're into it. There is a huge international community here and there are plenty of people from New York City as well so there are a million opportunities to meet people from interesting places and then sleep on their floor when you visit them. UB North Campus is isolated, but a lovely place to spend time during school hours and is peaceful in the summer. South campus is more lively, but can get a bit dodgy further into the surrounding neighborhoods.

UB's biggest problem for students would be parking. That being said, if you're here by 9 or 10 in the morning, parking is fine. Forget about trying to park around noon...

4th Year Male -- Class 2005