| Sort By:
| While SVA prides itself that industry professionals teach many of the classes, this means that they are also not well versed in education. About 80% of my professors were good! while the other 20% or so were arrogant losers who couldn't get any other job so resorted to being poor teachers.|
The real problem is the school administration. There is a total lack of respect for the student. There are administrators with substance abuse issues, others who do not want to hear about any problems and as such will not provide assistance to the students. There are policy abuses and downright unprofessional attitudes. You truly feel that you are nothing but a bag of money to them.While I have learned a lot during my four years and am now a working professional, I can truly say that it was one of the most frustrating experiences of my life and one which if I could I would prevent others from having to go through. It did teach me a lot though. I learned how to deal with incompetence, arrogance, and ignorance. Also, living in NYC without any true support mechanism for student ps (other than a small, run-down student center) is non-existant. So, should you survive it, you learn to be very self-sufficient as well.
|Mar 01 2014|| 4th Year Male --
Class 2014 |
| I had a feeling school was going to be bleak when at freshman orientation, none of the bigwigs bothered showing up. They just played a VIDEO of the provost giving a speech he gave to a class years earlier.|
Our Chair, Suzanne Anker makes all of us cringe. There are faculty suck ups that get all kinds of favors from her.There are one or two teachers who are excellent, but the school is really neglected. I hear old man Rhodes, the owner aka president, just sits in his office counting his money. The school doesn't do much to help your career once you're out. They only exploit it when an ex student happens by luck, to do well.
|Jul 02 2013|| 2nd Year Female --
Class 2016 |