StudentsReview :: Trocaire College - Comments and Student Experiences

Trocaire College

To talk about Trocaire's nursing program with nothing

Jan 10 2013Nursing
To talk about Trocaire's nursing program with nothing but disgust is fair. To start first semester instructors are nice. I don't mind a challenge. But you have to deal with nothing but demeaning instructors after first semester. There were the few that were fair and professional but the rest if them are very unprofessional and demeaning to the students. It was a horrible experience. FYI the only students who have anything nice to say about trocaire' nursing program are usually the students that teachers favor!
Preparedness: B Reputation: B+

This School is the biggest mistake I have

Oct 21 2012Nursing
This School is the biggest mistake I have made!!!! In the beginning when your doing your prerequisites everything is so good! the professors are awesome, you will have a lot of fun. Once your past the first nursing semester. Everything starts to change Downhill. The NURSING Faculty is ignorant, Demeaning, and pick their favorites to help. If you even dare to complain, they will make it their business to pick on you and make sure you fail your clinical's. once you fail clinical, you fail the semester. This happened to a few students during my time there. Clinical's are 2% of your grade. Be aware that the nursing faculty also discriminates!!!!! different student' receive different treatments. I graduated in December of 2012 but the grab i had to put up with was so not worth it. I payed more money to get a better education, instead I had to keep my mouth shut, hold my tears, and put up with all their demeaning ways out of fear that I would be targeted if I did complain about the unfair treatment. Their favorite students got all the help and better grades. The others were told to figure it out on their own with an attitude!! Their favorite students copied the homework off of me or other students, yet they got higher grades on the same exact work word for word, even tho their entire work was copied off someone else in class. It's a small school, you say one thing to one teacher, the next day the entire dept. is aware of what you said to that one teacher. The Positive part about Trocaire is all the other department' faculty in the school are way nicer and helpful! The Bad Apple of this school is the Nursing dept!! most the nursing faculty are tight and have been teaching there for many years, they get their way. I hope this review helps someone in making their decision!
3rd Year Female -- Class 2016
University Resource Use: A-, Education Quality: F

I had a very bad experience at Trocaire

Sep 20 2013Nursing
I had a very bad experience at Trocaire to start with I come from a different religious background and teachers there treated me different then other students. Although they acted nice to your face they talked bad about you to other students or teachers and word always got back to me. Some teachers I was close with would tell me and feel bad. I would be studying with my classmates and email my teacher she would either not respond to me or respond a week later but when my class mates email same teacher she would respond within minutes from her email on her cell phone. Things like that always happened. I can name so many. I ask one thing they tell me no with attitude but when my classmates goes in teachers office and ask for same thing I ask for minutes ago they would say yes to my classmate even though they tell me it's no. If you go complain about any teacher the whole nursing dept knows about and they will make it their business to make your life as difficult as possible. They will demean you, embarrass you in front of whole class. I alway had to work harder then everybody else. I had to make sure I'm not late because if I was I would be talked to in a demeaning way in front of the whole class but if my other class mates walked in the teacher doesn't mind. The worst part is they actually told other students. One philipino student once came to me and told me a teacher asked why she was talkin to me and referred to my religious background. This school is a racist school and many students who want through the same school as I did were to afraid to say anything because they were afraid these teachers would fail them and they have done so to other students. It's too bad that no one can stand up to these people. Thank God I always had high grades but still I know they were not fair with my grades either. I graduated from Trocaire and never will go back. Those teachers are so demeaning to some students. They made my life a living nightmare. But there was also the very few good teachers were honest and fair. I want to speak to the director of nursing and she made it her mission to go talk bad things about me instead of helping me. This is a women with a PhD. Word gets around in Trocaire it's a very small school. Most of them are not professional only an act to cover their behind. I got a degree and an experience that has changed my life for ever. That's the truth about Trocaire. Even though there is good and bad everywhere you go I never seen it to this extent.

University of Nebraska Lincoln (NE) 1:positive