StudentsReview :: Trocaire College - Comments and Student Experiences

Trocaire College

Nov 24 2014Nursing

Most teachers are racist specially if your Latino- Hispanic Arabic or other race but "White" worst mistake of going there.

1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Scholastic Success: A-, Useful Schoolwork: F

To talk about Trocaire's nursing program with nothing

Jan 10 2013Nursing
To talk about Trocaire's nursing program with nothing but disgust is fair. To start first semester instructors are nice. I don't mind a challenge. But you have to deal with nothing but demeaning instructors after first semester. There were the few that were fair and professional but the rest if them are very unprofessional and demeaning to the students. It was a horrible experience. FYI the only students who have anything nice to say about trocaire' nursing program are usually the students that teachers favor!
Preparedness: B Reputation: B+

I had a very bad experience at Trocaire

Sep 20 2013Nursing
I had a very bad experience at Trocaire to start with I come from a different religious background and teachers there treated me different then other students. Although they acted nice to your face they talked bad about you to other students or teachers and word always got back to me. Some teachers I was close with would tell me and feel bad. I would be studying with my classmates and email my teacher she would either not respond to me or respond a week later but when my class mates email same teacher she would respond within minutes from her email on her cell phone. Things like that always happened. I can name so many. I ask one thing they tell me no with attitude but when my classmates goes in teachers office and ask for same thing I ask for minutes ago they would say yes to my classmate even though they tell me it's no. If you go complain about any teacher the whole nursing dept knows about and they will make it their business to make your life as difficult as possible. They will demean you, embarrass you in front of whole class. I alway had to work harder then everybody else. I had to make sure I'm not late because if I was I would be talked to in a demeaning way in front of the whole class but if my other class mates walked in the teacher doesn't mind. The worst part is they actually told other students. One philipino student once came to me and told me a teacher asked why she was talkin to me and referred to my religious background. This school is a racist school and many students who want through the same school as I did were to afraid to say anything because they were afraid these teachers would fail them and they have done so to other students. It's too bad that no one can stand up to these people. Thank God I always had high grades but still I know they were not fair with my grades either. I graduated from Trocaire and never will go back. Those teachers are so demeaning to some students. They made my life a living nightmare. But there was also the very few good teachers were honest and fair. I want to speak to the director of nursing and she made it her mission to go talk bad things about me instead of helping me. This is a women with a PhD. Word gets around in Trocaire it's a very small school. Most of them are not professional only an act to cover their behind. I got a degree and an experience that has changed my life for ever. That's the truth about Trocaire. Even though there is good and bad everywhere you go I never seen it to this extent.

Hawaii Pacific University (HI) 1:positive