StudentsReview :: Trocaire College - Comments and Student Experiences

Trocaire College

I am transferring out of this school! IAverageNursing
I am transferring out of this school! I took one semester of prerequisites and it was great the professors were very nice and very helpful and I received good grades. I got accepted into the RN program and loved first semester and everything was great. Then all hell broke loose when a new dean was hired! The school got cited and almost lost their accreditation and had to come up with a massive plan of change it was that bad. Now no one has any idea what is going on and the school couldn't be more unorganized. The way the grading is set up in the nursing program,you are set up to fail. If you fail one test..... good luck to ya! Besides that good luck if you do fail a class, they make it seem like its no big deal an you can just repeat it next semester, NOPE, there might not even be a spot for you in the program anymore even though your "not kicked out of the program" you basically are. I have had to miss class multiple times because of the lack of parking, I was just driving around hoping a spot popped up, you have to get to school over a half hour early just to plan to fight for a spot! The staff for everything but nursing is fantastic! BUT the nursing staff either all quit to move to better schools or have been here since the stone age. They dont even have enough teachers for the classes! We pay a lab fee yet have to par for the supplies? and almost none of the mannequins work and all the supplies and teaching material they have is ready to go brought to you by the 1970's! I am leaving this school and I regret ever spending money here! I leaving to go to a school who has their "stuff" together!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2018
Friendliness: C+, Useful Schoolwork: F
Quite BrightNursing
Most teachers are racist specially if your Latino- Hispanic Arabic or other race but "White" worst mistake of going there.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Scholastic Success: A-, Useful Schoolwork: F
I had a very bad experience at TrocaireQuite BrightNursing
I had a very bad experience at Trocaire to start with I come from a different religious background and teachers there treated me different then other students. Although they acted nice to your face they talked bad about you to other students or teachers and word always got back to me. Some teachers I was close with would tell me and feel bad. I would be studying with my classmates and email my teacher she would either not respond to me or respond a week later but when my class mates email same teacher she would respond within minutes from her email on her cell phone. Things like that always happened. I can name so many. I ask one thing they tell me no with attitude but when my classmates goes in teachers office and ask for same thing I ask for minutes ago they would say yes to my classmate even though they tell me it's no. If you go complain about any teacher the whole nursing dept knows about and they will make it their business to make your life as difficult as possible. They will demean you, embarrass you in front of whole class. I alway had to work harder then everybody else. I had to make sure I'm not late because if I was I would be talked to in a demeaning way in front of the whole class but if my other class mates walked in the teacher doesn't mind. The worst part is they actually told other students. One philipino student once came to me and told me a teacher asked why she was talkin to me and referred to my religious background. This school is a racist school and many students who want through the same school as I did were to afraid to say anything because they were afraid these teachers would fail them and they have done so to other students. It's too bad that no one can stand up to these people. Thank God I always had high grades but still I know they were not fair with my grades either. I graduated from Trocaire and never will go back. Those teachers are so demeaning to some students. They made my life a living nightmare. But there was also the very few good teachers were honest and fair. I want to speak to the director of nursing and she made it her mission to go talk bad things about me instead of helping me. This is a women with a PhD. Word gets around in Trocaire it's a very small school. Most of them are not professional only an act to cover their behind. I got a degree and an experience that has changed my life for ever. That's the truth about Trocaire. Even though there is good and bad everywhere you go I never seen it to this extent.

Grambling State University (LA) 1:neutral