StudentsReview :: Wagner College - Comments and Student Experiences

Fordham University -- Bronx, NY
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA

Wagner College

Wagner is the best decision for a collegeBrightFinance
Wagner is the best decision for a college I could have made. The college gave me the opportunity to pursue all my interests as to not close any door to opportunity. Through this as well as strong guidance/leadership in the faculty I have experienced, I am confident on my future. Career development has been very helpful in internship and networking help; many who complain about negative qualities of career help tend not to reach out for help until it is too late.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Campus Maintenance: B
Wagner was not my first choice when decidedQuite BrightFinance
Wagner was not my first choice when decided where I wanted to attend college, but there were a few reasons why I wanted I did choose to attend

-Scholarships: I received athletic and academic money which made the school more affordable
-Close Proximity to Manhattan
-Internship/Career opportunities in the city (I always wanted to work in NYC)
I've completed 2 years at Wagner, and I have the chance to redo my college selection process, I would've chosen a different school. I'm getting a good education here, I've had fun while being here, I have a nice group of friends, and I've met some very nice and genuine people here, so I'm not completely bashing the school. I honestly do not feel like I belong here at all. This school prides itself in being "open" "liberal" "diverse" but in my opinion it's the complete opposite. As a black female I sometimes feel so out of place here. I never really felt "welcomed" to the school. Everyone here is so cliquey. They really should call this place Wagner High School. Since the school is so small and everyone knows each other, or at least knows of each other, everyone is always in your business which can be good or bad depending how your view of it. All the theater majors hang out together, are the athletes hang out with the people in their respective sport, and all the Greeks are together with their respective fraternity/sorority, and there's a small percentage of people who don't belong in those three categories and they form their own mini cliques as well. I really consider myself an outsider to the "Wagner norm" I'm really not that close with my teammates, so I really don't hang out with them that much outside of practice. I mainly hang out with people from all different groups, but since that's not the "norm" at Wagner I feel like people judge me because I'm not hanging out with who they think I'm supposed to be hanging out with. There's really not that much to do on campus. I wished I did more research on campus clubs/organizations before I decided to come here. There's really not that many clubs on campus that interest me and I'm not interested in the selection of Greek Life they have on campus. People usually go home or go to the city on the weekends. The parties in towers get old and boring after awhile. The city is a great escape when it's a dull night on campus, but the NYC nightlife is expensive. They renovated the dining hall over the summer. It looks nice, but the food didn't really upgrade that much. The wifi is absolutely ridiculous. I feel like all of our money goes toward landscaping. They really trap the incoming freshman with the view of the city in Harborview. I remember when I first visited the school I took a ton of pictures of the city skyline. The walls are paper thin in the dorms so you hear EVERYTHING. I wish they'd let athletes register for classes first because there have been times where I've had conflicts between class and practice.

The education and opportunities after graduation are great overall, but unless you're a theater major, rich, a guido, someone who likes to drink their life away every weekend, or down to hook up with all of the football players this school isn't for you. I only have a year of undergrad left, so I'll stick it out and make the best of it for another year, but I am definitely attending elsewhere for grad school.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Social Life: D
Before coming to Wagner College, be prepared forBrightCivil Engineering
Before coming to Wagner College, be prepared for the different types of people and their different style of interacting with other people. First of all, being a black athlete here at Wagner has generally negative connotations associated with it. The school is really "cliquey" and people tend to stay with the people they are comfortable with. The campus is so small that you see the same people probably every day or every other day. Students in particular aren't friendly or just phoney. The campus itself is ok at best. The dorms suck, but then again, what dorm doesn't suck. The food is sub-par at best. Hawks nest is the best food alternative outside of the dreadful dining hall that they are redoing. Be prepared for ALOT of gay people. ALOT!!! These people are generally the theater kids who are the sole condescending factor that contributes to the cliquey nature of the school. The theater kids segregate themselves from the rest of the school. Then it trickles down to the athletes on every sports team who have that natural chemistry because they play the same sport. So essentially there are only theater kids here and then athletes. Everyone else is kind of irrelevant. If your a theater major who loves small groups of friends and ok parties in the dorms then you will love this school. If your an athlete or looking to get a real college experience don't come to Wagner. Go to a real school. This school is essentially a big high school.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015