StudentsReview :: Wood Tobe Coburn School - Comments and Student Experiences

Wood Tobe Coburn School

Wood ToBe Coburn is a small hands onNot so brightNursing
Wood ToBe Coburn is a small hands on learning private school. Teachers are understanding and they work with you to their best ability. Financial Aid office helps you with your payments and help you lessen your payment plan if you are having troubles making the original 510.00. Placement helped me the most when i was going out for my externship. They make things happen, they made me feel like i was not alone when i needed career assistance.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A, Campus Aesthetics: D-
I am a first year student and IQuite BrightDesign Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
I am a first year student and I personally know the person who placed in this last comment. She is never in class, and when she is ? she talks on her phone while others are trying to learn. I have never known a person to swear as much as she does to the professor. The school has been kind to her because in my opinion this crazy person should have been kicked out school long ago.

I have not had any problems with any of the professors. I find them to be fair. The internship placement that I experienced is rough. I am expected to be quick and follow instructions to the ?T?. There are definitely no ? kid ?gloves. By the way, I feel safe on campus and the bathrooms are clean.

1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A, Campus Maintenance: B
This school isn't one to recommend.BrightArt & Design Department
This school isn't one to recommend. Highly unprofessional, from the director, financial advisors and even the unexperienced teachers. The school itself is extremely dirty like the bathrooms, the student lounge and even rats have been seen from my self and other students. For a school that is 39,000 it isn't worth it at all. The school recommends you to buy there books through but the professors never opens them aside from medical students I think. The safety here is terrible. They make students walk through the back side of the school where the bums are but won't let us through the front side of the school so other people for visits don't see us because there is a dress code here. To me the dress code is ridiculous, 8 understands a professional work force requires it but I have my whole life to dress accordingly, I'm coming to sit in a class 7 hours a day I think jeans are much more appropriate. They make you pay too when they allow some days of the month to wear jeans. The campus itself isn't like a real college at all. I've seen campuses and this is not one. It's like middle school again. The safety is bad also because the back doors anyone could walk in and it has actually happened where people come into a class room. The teaching itself is babied here, if you're looking to get As just kiss your teachers butt and show up because that's all you have to do. There aren't any sports or functions the school has. The seniors this year had to plan a party cruise function one for the school rather than the school planning one for them. The professors I have had that are care about the students are nice and good at teaching but the ones that aren't so great are on a whole other level. We had a business communication class and i learned nothing in it. We later found out that she lied on her resume it turns out she wasn't actually qualified to teach it she was a travel and hospitality professor. I don't pay 39,000 for a school to check what type of people they are hiring. Another incident happened that a medical teacher slept with a design student. Neither one are here anymore after that. Now the fashion design professor is sleeping with the director, sometimes they fight and talk about eachother to the students and it is just extremely unprofessional but meanwhile the director tells us about dress code and other things. Maybe he should learn the dress code to zip his pants shut. The Vice President is so oblivious and just doesn't see anything and can be a total twit. Students talk to who is in charge about these problems all the time but they don't really care about the students that go there. The job and internship placement is terrible you're better off finding it yourself. The man that's in charge sends all the students to the same jobs and internships which to me isn't right to send 20 people to the same one. I heard another student found her internship on her own and then the placement person ended up getting the contact from her and giving the internship to another student when she had already got the position. There's a good amount of different races and there is a barrier you can see with some professors and colored students. I've sat in on a clas with professor Pilar and she is really something else. She is like a child she is extremely insecure as a person and is always reporting to the director when she doesn't like things that don't go her way. She takes her anger out on her students and when she doesn't like a student she affects there grade and not because of there work. Overall this school is a major regret. I didn't learn nearly as much as I should've. I don't understand how schools like this are even allowed to be around.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016