StudentsReview :: Wood Tobe Coburn School - Comments and Student Experiences

Wood Tobe Coburn School

This school isn't one to recommend.BrightArt & Design Department
This school isn't one to recommend. Highly unprofessional, from the director, financial advisors and even the unexperienced teachers. The school itself is extremely dirty like the bathrooms, the student lounge and even rats have been seen from my self and other students. For a school that is 39,000 it isn't worth it at all. The school recommends you to buy there books through but the professors never opens them aside from medical students I think. The safety here is terrible. They make students walk through the back side of the school where the bums are but won't let us through the front side of the school so other people for visits don't see us because there is a dress code here. To me the dress code is ridiculous, 8 understands a professional work force requires it but I have my whole life to dress accordingly, I'm coming to sit in a class 7 hours a day I think jeans are much more appropriate. They make you pay too when they allow some days of the month to wear jeans. The campus itself isn't like a real college at all. I've seen campuses and this is not one. It's like middle school again. The safety is bad also because the back doors anyone could walk in and it has actually happened where people come into a class room. The teaching itself is babied here, if you're looking to get As just kiss your teachers butt and show up because that's all you have to do. There aren't any sports or functions the school has. The seniors this year had to plan a party cruise function one for the school rather than the school planning one for them. The professors I have had that are care about the students are nice and good at teaching but the ones that aren't so great are on a whole other level. We had a business communication class and i learned nothing in it. We later found out that she lied on her resume it turns out she wasn't actually qualified to teach it she was a travel and hospitality professor. I don't pay 39,000 for a school to check what type of people they are hiring. Another incident happened that a medical teacher slept with a design student. Neither one are here anymore after that. Now the fashion design professor is sleeping with the director, sometimes they fight and talk about eachother to the students and it is just extremely unprofessional but meanwhile the director tells us about dress code and other things. Maybe he should learn the dress code to zip his pants shut. The Vice President is so oblivious and just doesn't see anything and can be a total twit. Students talk to who is in charge about these problems all the time but they don't really care about the students that go there. The job and internship placement is terrible you're better off finding it yourself. The man that's in charge sends all the students to the same jobs and internships which to me isn't right to send 20 people to the same one. I heard another student found her internship on her own and then the placement person ended up getting the contact from her and giving the internship to another student when she had already got the position. There's a good amount of different races and there is a barrier you can see with some professors and colored students. I've sat in on a clas with professor Pilar and she is really something else. She is like a child she is extremely insecure as a person and is always reporting to the director when she doesn't like things that don't go her way. She takes her anger out on her students and when she doesn't like a student she affects there grade and not because of there work. Overall this school is a major regret. I didn't learn nearly as much as I should've. I don't understand how schools like this are even allowed to be around.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: A+, Education Quality: F
This school is a total lie.BrightNursing
This school is a total lie. I am so upset because my parents are paying and i have a FAFSA to pay and they sold me a lie and the teachers are terrible in the medical department. I started out with prof rodriguez and prof phipps and they were so good and now mr indelicato got rid of them and it is so bad i am not learning anything i told my friend to not come here because this school is terrible. the director is constantly trying to threaten us and making us feel like we have to come here but i rather go back to La Guardia college at least they cared about me. Here it is not good nobody cares about us only Ms. julie now.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2017
When I went to this school to enroll,Quite BrightNursing
When I went to this school to enroll, I specifically asked if they were accreditied and I was told yes. After graduation and moving to another stste due to military life, I tried to transfer my credit to other university and I even tried school in state, I was told that none, I repaeat not 1 single credit would be transfer!

this school lied and withheld the truth! I am sitting with student loan and an as degree that dont be crap! dont waste your money! they are not worth it!!!! I kept in touch with most of my classmates who decided to return to school and they also told me they couldnt transfer any of the credit they earned from wood tobe coubrn school!

2nd Year Female -- Class 2011