StudentsReview :: Wood Tobe Coburn School - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Total Grad Surveys 8
Females 7
Males 1
Avg years at University 1.4
Research Quality C+ (5.2)
Research Availability D+ (3.1)
Research Funding C- (3.6)
Graduate Politics D- (1.2)
Not Errand Runners C+ (5.2)
Degree Completion D+ (2.7)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] F (1.1)
Sufficient Pay D (2.3)
Competitiveness C+ (5.3)
Education Quality B- (5.9)
Faculty Accessibility B- (5.9)
Useful Research C+ (5.5)
"Individual" treatment C (4.5)
Friendliness C (4.6)
Safety B (7.2)
Campus Beauty F (1.0)
Campus Maintenance C (4.8)
University Spending D+ (3.0)
Extracurriculars F (0.9)
Scholastic Success C (4.9)
Surrounding City A- (8.4)
Social Life/ Environment C (4.5)
ExtracurricularsF
Surrounding CityA-
The staff is terrible now that I amJul 13 2016Nursing
The staff is terrible now that I am there. in the beginning they called me right away to get me to enroll and the teaching staff including Indelicato is terrible. He sleeps around with the Fashion students and the instructor and he is obviously dating them i saw him following them in the hallway and going out with them after school. if you are not on his good side then they do not care. he is dating one of the fashion students and they got rid of a teacher because of him. the school is not a real school but because we have financial aid we are attached. this school is a piece of shit. do not go there look into a community college the medical instructors we have now are FAKE. Ms Nadal and Ms Velez no comparing to Ms Rodriguez.. the school is fake get out now while you can
This is a wonderful school for a cityJul 16 2013Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
This is a wonderful school for a city student. The campus itself is small, but clean and very welcoming. All of the staff and teachers are very helpful, and genuinely seem to want to help you in your goals. All of the technology are up to date, using macs, and appropriate programs such as CS, and Flash. Personally the school itself is a amazing experience, but if your looking for a more big campus lifestyle this may not be the place for you. However I absolutely loved everyone here, graduated with honors, and even have a successful career as a graphic designer. Even now I still visit on occasion, and even keep in personal contact with some of the teachers, etc. It is a wonderful school, but you have to put your fair share of work.
Advice to computer students going to this school,Feb 15 2012Computer Science
Advice to computer students going to this school, go to a cuny college instead and get a BS in computer science. Most of the teacher are nice, and you will learn a few things, but at the end of the day, you won't get a job. Plain and simple. This school will promise to get you job at the end, but they don't deliver. They all will tell you that if you get A's, you'll be recommended for a good position, its a blatant lie. I had a high GPA and others had 4.0/4.0 GPAs and they still didn't get jobs. Now i'm stuck with a $25,000 bill for a AOS(not even a real associate's degree AAS) that's worth jack shit!
The tuition is aFeb 15 2012Other
The tuition is a slight higher than a community college. Not so helpful when you call back after you graduate looking for employment.
Just graduated from wood tobe jan 2012 iJan 26 2012Nursing
Just graduated from wood tobe jan 2012 i must say this is a great school especially if you are trying to jump start in your career is a 10 month program in which you can receive a certificate or you can take the 14 month program and get your associates.. Over all i was satisfied with my choice of school the classes are great even tjough tbey are a bit challenging and require lots of studying. professors teach you everything you need to know to become a sucessful medical assistant they trsin you well for the real world. Not leaving out placement has been a great help with job search they are always there to help and answer any questions thanks to them i am currently employed and it has only been a week since graduation ;) excited is not the word thnx WTC
I am highly upset that I'm in thisNov 27 2011Other
I am highly upset that I'm in this school. This was not what I've expected it to be. My adviser said that you go straight to doing hands on in your first month attending Wood Tobe. So far we only have been doing is vital signs. But you start of doing a lot of proactive reading, exams , test etc. Every other week. My Adviser never told me this. I thought, maybe, this would be the best school for me because I thought when I finish this school I will guarantee get a job. LIE. From what I heard from other students ahead of me. they said it's not guaranteed at all! and you must obtain good grades! Sure, they would help you FIND a JOB but not immediately place you in one. The Professors are great, well most of them. Some students are friendly and easily to approach. Overcrowded? Yes. Maintenance? Needs a little bit more work. I'm not much of a talkative person in this school at all so it's really hard to work around this school. I am planning on dropping this school and find something else to do that meets me. The loans I have to pay is A LOT! Transportation just makes it even worst. I advise you not to pick this school.If your choosing to do Medical. This is just my Opinion of this school. Thank you very much for reading .
Research Topic(s): What have I gotten myself into?
Excellent school unless youNov 21 2011Computer Science
Excellent school unless you are a extremely arrogant. The professors do not help the other students that act like the world revolves around them. Professor Nass, Kanter, and DeGruttola are great.
The teachers at thisNov 21 2011Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
The teachers at this school, especially Professor Degruttola, Professor Nass and Ms Kantor are caring, thorough teachers that do everything in their power to teach us.
This school is a waste of time and moneySep 01 2011Unknown
This school is a waste of time and money. I Thought it was going to be a great school. But it turned out it was a really bad experience.The classes were not so bad, but the job placement sucks. If you do not have the best grades meaning mostly A's you won't get placed into your internship because they go mostly by your grades. You end up with student loans and a waste of time and money, and NO JOB! Also the president of the school is awful as well as the internship advisor Dori Rubin. They not care about the students at all. Take my advice DO NOT go to this school.

California University of Pennsylvania (PA) 1:negative