StudentsReview ™ :: Ashland University - Comments and Student Experiences

California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA
Ohio State University Columbus -- Columbus, OH

Ashland University

I would highly suggest you pick a different

Aug 06 2013Nursing
I would highly suggest you pick a different college. The nursin faculty is a bunch of ditzy women who have NO idea what they are doing. They wil chane your schedule without notice so you loose work hours and they could care less. They fail to acknowledge their mistakes and take responsibility for their carelessness. One year a faculty member "forgot" to unlock half of the student accounts so that they could register for classes in time. This in run made us unable to get into certain classes and times that we had wanted. They are using us guinea pigs!! The administration only cares about money!! They hike up tuition every year! Also, there is nothing to do on campus. If you happen to know a lot of people off campus you can have a good time but other than that it's pretty pathetic. I would never ever ever recommend AU to anyone!!! If only I could transfer! I'm stuck in this fiery hell they call Ashland University Nursing for two more years. Wish me luck.
May 11 2013Psychology

I love AU! I would trade this school for any other. Get INVOLVED in Greek Life! Best Decision I made!

1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: C+

I am a current third year senior at

Apr 29 2013Psychology
I am a current third year senior at Ashland University graduating in 2 weeks. I have really enjoyed my time at AU. Academically, it's been the best place for me. I am a psychology major and got everything I wanted out of the psych program - research experience, the ability to travel to major conferences, and work closely with multiple professors. I have gotten the leadership opportunities I wanted, (even in three years) by serving as president of one organization and on the leadership council of another. I got the chance to work three on campus jobs that I have really enjoyed, in advising, career services, and the admissions/alumni offices. It is a great place to be if you want to learn a lot and get really involved. However it is not the greatest socially. The isn't a lot to do on the weekend, and the policies on visitation and alcohol are extremely strict. There are some events put on by the school that are pretty fun. But if you're looking for a place to party, Ashland will probably not be the right school for you. But if you really do want personal attention in your classes and the ability to get involved in any activity you find interesting, I would definitely suggest it! Only problem is the price, which is a bit high. Although with good scholarships, I feel it's been worth it, personally.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2013