StudentsReview :: Cleveland State University - Comments and Student Experiences

California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA

Cleveland State University

Some professors are good and most are bad.Quite BrightMechanical Engineering
Some professors are good and most are bad. Anyone can graduate from CSU, and I mean anyone... The professors use the same tests over and over again (cheating happens). The tests aren't based on understanding of the material. Some of the material on the tests you won't ever see in the textbook or lectures. Again, not all professors are bad. You'll have to check ratemyprofessor.com to get the good professors. I feel like I wasted so much time and money at CSU when I could have gone to a better school.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2016
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Education Quality: F
Cleveland State didn't draw me in at allQuite BrightMath
Cleveland State didn't draw me in at all when I was on tour around the school, but once I finally came here, I felt so comfortable around campus. Found a group of friends, joined a club, and have a very nice regime here. School isn't too tasking ( unless you are an engineer) and scheduling around classes was easy. Not the most intense school party wise, but there is always something to do on the weekends; every night if you know the right people. Cleveland is great and getting better every year.
1st Year Male -- Class 2019
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Campus Maintenance: C+
Cleveland State is a Diploma mill with GodBrightCommunications
Cleveland State is a Diploma mill with God Awful Parking. Everyday at CSU you start your day by searching every available lot for a parking space that doesn't exist. They oversell their $240 parking pass every semester, so you end up on a hunt going through every single parking garage getting more and more frustrated, only to end up parking several blocks away at a meter, and sprinting to class. The parking garages actually have street signs with a special Lot Full Light that can be activated, but the people working the garages are all immigrants who don't speak English, and only serve to sit there looking confused and make awkward hand motions when you bitch at them.

I'm in the Film and Digital Media program and it's a huge joke. Each class seems to have an assigned Grades regardless of effort. You know the guys who show up to class twice a month, never do the homework and leave early the few times they manage to make it to class? They get the same grade as you, and you'll most likely be forced to work with them. That's one of the worst things about this school, they love dumping group work on you. Essentially you'll be forced to depend on two unreliable idiots who will be late for everything or not show up at all, have zero input, and seem to be there only to criticize the work you do while contributing nothing. I currently am taking three classes that are covering the SAME FREAKING MATERIAL for the past two weeks. You don't learn anything here, the teachers give you a study guide for every test, and any report you turn in so long as you meet the word count will net you a B at least. I currently have a 3.7, despite my attendance being awful and I spend all my class time surfing the internet. I bet everyone else has the same GPA though, unless they stabbed the teacher.

The students at CSU can be split into two groups: Hipsters and minorities. The Hipsters are pretentious retards who wear thrift store clothes and talk about how superior they are, all while drinking their over priced coffee and smoking their cigarettes. They are all extremely short and emaciated, and have egos the size of the moon. The minorities are what you expect from basic stereotypes. CSU is located in the ghetto, but I'm a tall muscular man so I've never had any trouble. If I was female though, I'd be terrified. You see shady characters all around the school, and I can count the number of times I've seen security on one hand. Anyone can walk into the school and do as they please, there is nothing to stop them. Do not go to CSU! I previously went to Lakeland Community College and received the majority of my education there. I was challenged, I learned things, and most of the people there were pretty chill. CSU is a commuter school, so even if you make a friend odds are high they live an hour or more away from you. The only plus I can think of is the Professors tend to be pretty cool. It's awful nice of them to give everyone in class As they didn't earn.

1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Campus Maintenance: A-, Education Quality: F

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→