StudentsReview :: Case Western Reserve University - Comments and Student Experiences

Carnegie Mellon University -- Pittsburgh, PA
Cornell University -- Ithaca, NY

I love the physics

Oct 23 2001Engineering Department
I love the physics department. I like being here pretty well.Computer department is not the best, though the students in it are really great people.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2002
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, University Resource Use: F

The reputation of CWRU is sure to be

Sep 08 2001Undecided
The reputation of CWRU is sure to be elevated tremendously in the near future. This school will educate you as well or better than any school in the country. The only reason you don't see CWRU in the top 10 of Rankings Lists is because it does not have the name recognition of Ivy League schools. As for the "average test scores", I find them hard to believe. I find myself to be the lowest scoring person of anyone (at least any of those I have met). Not to say standardized tests mean all that much in regards to actual raw intelligence, but the rankings systems are deficient.
1st Year Male -- Class 2005
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: D-

I came to Case as an Electrical Engineering

Nov 01 2001History/Histories (art history/etc.)
I came to Case as an Electrical Engineering major and after 3 and 1/2 years, I couldn't take it anymore. I never thought I would have to deal with so many sexist unsuportive teachers as I did. I had multiple teachers inform me that since I was a girl, I should switch to an easier major. Not all profs were like that, Professor Merat was one of the best/most supportive that I had. I switched to History because I was working on a history minor and I didn't want to leave Case b/c I really like the school. I plan on finishing my Engineering elsewhere. I recomend the school, and I even recommend most engineerings to females but beware of the EE department.
5th Year Female -- Class 2002