StudentsReview :: Case Western Reserve University - Comments and Student Experiences

Carnegie Mellon University -- Pittsburgh, PA
Cornell University -- Ithaca, NY

Case Western Reserve University

I love the physics

Oct 23 2001Engineering Department
I love the physics department. I like being here pretty well.Computer department is not the best, though the students in it are really great people.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2002
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, University Resource Use: F

The reputation of CWRU is sure to be

Sep 08 2001Undecided
The reputation of CWRU is sure to be elevated tremendously in the near future. This school will educate you as well or better than any school in the country. The only reason you don't see CWRU in the top 10 of Rankings Lists is because it does not have the name recognition of Ivy League schools. As for the "average test scores", I find them hard to believe. I find myself to be the lowest scoring person of anyone (at least any of those I have met). Not to say standardized tests mean all that much in regards to actual raw intelligence, but the rankings systems are deficient.
1st Year Male -- Class 2005
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: D-

For all of the complaints that I hear

Jul 17 2001Economics
For all of the complaints that I hear from my peers about Case, I really enjoyed the school! I think the key is to not get caught up in the negativity surrounding much of the student body here (many complain just for the sake of "fitting in," I believe) and take advantage of all of the possibilities and opportunities given to you! I'm majoring in Economics and I find all of the faculty, including the department head, Prof. Bogart, to be extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and most importantly, approchable. Students are encouraged to do as much as they can, from academics to extracurriculars, and as long as they have goals, they can achieve them here. The students, too, are extremely bright yet they lack the extreme arrogance that is stereotyped at Ivy League schools. The classes are as diverse as one could possibly hope; want to take a classes in Communication, Japanese, Biology, Engineering, and Modern Philosophy--you can do it here!!! The opportunities are endless--in the end, it's up to you, the student to pursue your goals, and Case Western Reserve University will surely help you achieve them!
1st Year Male -- Class 2004