StudentsReview :: Case Western Reserve University - Comments and Student Experiences

Carnegie Mellon University -- Pittsburgh, PA
Cornell University -- Ithaca, NY

Case is a pretty

Dec 06 2011Aerospace Engineering
Case is a pretty good school; there's not a ton to do, but I feel that I am getting the education I need, albeit while sacrificing sleep.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A, Collaboration/Competitive: C+

I graduated from Case in 2008 with a

Dec 21 2011Civil Engineering
I graduated from Case in 2008 with a sociology degree and graduated with a civil engineering degree from Case in 2011. I attended Case for 5 and half years, completed published research, a engineering co-op, and dual degrees. I also become involved in greek life and become a commissioned officer through the ROTC program. I stayed very busy while in school, Case is not for the faint of heart or party driven individuals. It is challanging and chalk full of over-achievers as students and facualty. It is not overly friendly school, its full of nerds, but I found many friends I still keep in touch with. Go to Case knowing you will be challanged and pay top dollar for it. I have zero regret having attended Case and strangely, I love Cleveland.
Preparedness: A Reputation: C

Case is a great place if take advantage

Dec 01 2011PreMed and Medical
Case is a great place if take advantage of certain opportunities. If you want a decent social scene, I HIGHLY recommend getting involved in greek life and clubs/sports. Case is not a party school by any definition, so getting connected with people is vital (this is for dudes).

With regards to academics, classes are not that different from other universities; your grades reflect how much effort you put into studying. If you didn't have trouble in the past academically, then Case shouldn't be that bad. If your wondering most professors are friendly and nice but make sure you look at individual reviews.

Here is a simple list of a few things I like and don't like about Case:
I like,
1.)that the campus looks nice
2.)that there are a variety of clubs
I don't like
1.) that the food and the food service is atrocious
2.) that the gym is far away and is a bit run down
3.) that the dining halls and certain facilities have weird open hours
4.) that the campus is long so it's a 15-20 minute walk from the freshman dorms to the gym/classes
5.) that there is somewhat of a lack of activities for students
6.) that cleveland can be ghetto as hell
7.) that cleveland has dreary weather
8.) that the city itself doesn't have much to offer
9.) that if you don't have a car it sucks to get anywhere outside of campus
Case has all the things that other schools offer. It just may be much harder to find them here than other places.

1st Year Male -- Class 2015