StudentsReview :: Case Western Reserve University - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Total Grad Surveys 14
Females 3
Males 11
Avg years at University 2.4
Research Quality B- (6.1)
Research Availability C+ (5.0)
Research Funding C+ (5.6)
Graduate Politics C (4.4)
Errand Runners B- (6.0)
Degree Completion C+ (5.1)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] C (4.5)
Sufficient Pay C- (3.9)
Competitiveness C (4.3)
Education Quality C- (3.8)
Faculty Accessibility C (4.5)
Useful Research C (4.9)
"Individual" treatment C- (3.6)
Friendliness C- (4.1)
Safety C (4.4)
Campus Beauty C (4.6)
Campus Maintenance C+ (5.0)
University Resource/spending C- (3.9)
Extracurriculars C- (3.6)
Success-Understanding C- (3.9)
Surrounding City C- (3.9)
Social Life/Environment D (2.7)
Social Life/EnvironmentD
Research QualityB-

I have attended several other school of nursing

Nov 04 2013Nursing
I have attended several other school of nursing and I was quite disappointed with the faculty at FPB. They were no better and in some cases worst than other schools. I can?t understand why the nursing school is rank so high. Some professors couldn?t even get through a lecture without making a factual mistake. Cost of living is high, tuition is really high and the faculty seems to be embittered about life in general. So does a degree from CWRU mean much- no! My experience has been that after your first job, recruiters are much more concerned about how you did on your last job than where you went to school. Save yourself a ton of student debt and pick another nursing school- I wished I had! :(

Thought this would be

Apr 18 2013Biology
Thought this would be a good school. Only really out for your money and the dean doesn't even care about whether you succeed or not. Only if he gets paid

I make this rating with a foreword: it

Nov 17 2010Business - Management and Administration
I make this rating with a foreword: it has been over ten years since I've graduated at Case, so things may have changed since then--hopefully for the better. My biggest problem with the school was the awful and unfriendly administration and the arrogance of some of the faculty. Being an international student I needed a social security card which apparently got lost(?) in the post and the administration refused to give me any temporary student card--so four months passed by without me having email-access, access to the facilities like the library etc., so one-fourth of my time there was wasted because they refused to help (even if I tried to 'work around' that...why force me to have to do that). Besides this, at the admissions office they also looked and behaved unbelievably unprofessional.

A third of the faculty was absolutely fantastic and helpful and I have learnt a lot from them and grew to respect them also as role-models, but there were quite a few not very intelligent professors who tried to compensate for it by being arrogant and/or unreasonable.The facilities were quite ok and so was security in general (just don't go over the sports-field) but the community both in the business school (which is not surprising because it is awful in any business school) and in campus in general was not what I have experienced at other universities where I studied.It was great though that the campus was in town with every important thing in Cleveland relatively close and Cleveland itself can be a very interesting city. So I would rate Case as above average, but, or at least so was my experience a long time ago,at that time it definitely was not in the top-tier.

I joined Case Western Reserve after graduating from

Jun 21 2008Business - Management and Administration
I joined Case Western Reserve after graduating from two other Universities; one large state school for my bachelors and another small private school for my masters. I have nothing but positive experiences to report to you; the University is simply marvelous. However, it's quite obvious that some students at Case speak negatively about the school's social scene. This is highly unfortunate, and in my view completely unfounded.

If you are reading this, please do not be disillusioned by these people. For every University that I've visited, there have been more nay-sayers than students filled with "school pride". Case has literally everything going for it – great city vibe, beautiful campus, wonderful student body, world-renowned faculty and an outstanding global reputation – but unfortunately, many students appear to have missed the point here.

For this great institution and its audacious students, the saying has never been more accurate; the “truth” truly does lie in the eyes of the beholder.

Mar 28 2006Chemistry

Case devalues women in science. I strongly recommend women go elsewhere.

All around Great place for graduate/medical school

Feb 06 2002PreMed and Medical
All around Great place for graduate/medical school. I went to CWRU as an undergraduate and think I got a great education, but I missed out on some of the experiences of college because of the not-so-great social life. So I guess it depends on your focus and goals. CWRU is a great school and Cleveland is a great place to live (SERIOUSLY!!!)