Miami University Oxford
Miami University Oxford - Comments and Student Experiences|
2. The campus has so many resources. You'll find tutors, libraries, groups, clubs, books, etc that will help you.
3. The campus is beautiful, in terms of scenery. I've never seen a campus as beautiful as this one.
The list of positives are short.....because there isn't much positive. I'll expand more on the negatives.
1. The students-An overwhelming majority of the students on the Oxford campus are snobby. I know this is a bold assertion but I've found it to be true. Most of them come from a wealthy background and look down on others for not being as wealthy as they are. They also aren't accepting of races other than whites, religions other than Christians or gay people. They're not friendly at all and they aren't willing to communicate with you. You most likely won't make any friends.
2. Social Life-The people ruin this. I don't know why but Miami seems to be the most anti-social college I can think of. Most people just sit on their laptops, cell phones, and don't want to have.....fun or.....talk? There is a reason everyone thinks Oxford is "lame." It's not the town: It's the people. Even the townies are snobby.
3. Entertainment-....and about Oxford. Oxford is a small town where there isn't much entertainment or things to do. Basically, there are a lot restaurants, some bars, some clubs, a few shopping places. I can't think of anything else. Overall, Miami is a great school for academics but terrible for meeting people. The students are pathetic and boring.