StudentsReview :: Miami University Oxford - Comments and Student Experiences

Ohio State University Columbus -- Columbus, OH
Ohio University -- Athens, OH

Mar 21 2013Undecided

Everyone here looks the same...it is scary. It is absolutely freezing in the winter and the wind is terrible.

1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Individual Value: F

I can't believe all the attention MUO has

Nov 18 2012Accounting
I can't believe all the attention MUO has been getting in the past few years. It really all comes down to politics. Both sides red & blue are trying to get MUO grads out of OH. The statistics dont lie. The voting power of OH has changed and the electoral votes have dropped. Chicago sees a large influx or MUO grads to tip the voters one way or the other. I have had management tell me they like MUO grads because we're average intellectually and can change the vote to or for. It's weird but it works.
Starting Job: Intern Preparedness: F Reputation: F

This school is THE definition of stereotypes

Nov 19 2012PreMed and Medical
This school is THE definition of stereotypes. I am so embarrassed that everyone here is close minded, stuck up, and uncultured. DO NOT go here if you are a minority, not good looking, or not a business major. You know its the truth if everyone else below has mentioned or said the exact same thing. This school has zero diversity and everyone looks alike, and you are better off winning the lottery than making friends if you are not in a sorority/fraternity. The education is worse than the stereotypes, even as a pre-med major i still feel out of the loop, I do not understand how this university is not more health care friendly. I even have a good friend who is a nursing major which is only offered on the regional campus, which makes absolutely no sense at all considering the profession. But instead, this school values majors like architecture, business, communications, art and theatre (no offense). Basically, the majors that are completely useless. I didnt know whether to laugh or cry when I first saw the buildings that are dedicated to some of these majors, what a complete joke. Please do not even get me started on parking and the surrounding city. The only positive thing about this school is the campus, but that gets old after a while. Miami was the worst mistake of my life, and i am transferring while i still have my sanity.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014