StudentsReview :: Miami University Oxford - Comments and Student Experiences

Ohio University -- Athens, OH

Miami University Oxford

Miami University opened doors

Oct 19 2011Finance
Miami University opened doors for me that I never imagined possible. The schools reputation for graduating high achieving men and women is astounding. I am forever grateful to Miami.
Starting Job: Asst. cashier Preparedness: B Reputation: A

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible

Oct 24 2012Electrical Engineering
Terrible, Terrible, Terrible. I transferred to this sub-standard, over-priced farce of a university from UC. The instructors either don't speak English, don't care or both. The course work is a joke. Good luck getting help from anyone. Thousands of dollars and 20+ credit hours later im gonna NOPE right back to UC. Seriously, screw this place. If you got half a brain and can tell what a quality education looks like, you will avoid this place like the black death.

I am another student who sees that there

Aug 19 2011Language - French/Spanish/etc.
I am another student who sees that there is a high level of snobbery at this college within the student body. For example, if you don't wear NorthFarce clothing, then you just aren't part of the "in crowd." If you aren't in the Farmer School of Business (the "Temple," as is unaffectionately called), then you may want to consider another college, because this one is cutting way back on the quality via finances. More simply put, the quality of education is diminishing, and other colleges that are cheaper are of the same standards as this one, and I'm NO fan of OSU! Over the past 2 semesters, I have been becoming increasingly more pessimistic about whether the money I am spending on tuition is going towards a better school and level of education. Yes, many of the teachers are approachable and will give individual attention, but the overall atmosphere is condescending.

I am in the process of transferring because I am a believer that you get what you pay for, and with the increasing tuition rates (mostly for a new, unneeded student union), that I can get the same level of education at other colleges as I can at MU for much less cost!

I do feel for the many really good professors that know that there is a financial problem within the university and understand the internal problems, but that doesn't excuse MU for not applying monies to better resources (at the library, for instance). There are countless books I needed immediately that I had to go through OhioLink to get! The film collection is woeful! The music library is too small (claustrophobic). If you aren't going to MU for a Business degree, you may want to look further at other universities, because the level of education is not any more, but the tuition definitely is!

2nd Year Male -- Class 2015