StudentsReview :: Miami University Oxford - Comments and Student Experiences

Ohio University -- Athens, OH

Miami University Oxford

Miami University opened doors

Oct 19 2011Finance
Miami University opened doors for me that I never imagined possible. The schools reputation for graduating high achieving men and women is astounding. I am forever grateful to Miami.
Starting Job: Asst. cashier Preparedness: B Reputation: A

I was smarter in high school than college

Feb 19 2008Finance
I was smarter in high school than college. Business classes I took in high school were harder and more informing than in college. The Miami Plan is a waste of time, where you do not learn anything. I learned more just reading textbooks than from the teachers. Ultimately, Miami has halted my future because I have no idea what I want to do now since going there.
Preparedness: D+ Reputation: C-

Miami is a beautiful campus, but Oxford is

Jun 12 2007Finance
Miami is a beautiful campus, but Oxford is small. Your social life relies on being involved and going out several nights a week and on weekends. If you don't drink, DO NOT go here. Greek life is prevalent. My best advice is get involved and fast, if you don't you will be miserable. There is a reason that Miami is nicknamed JCrew U. There are very friendly people and there are also very snobby people. Be outgoing. And my advice for incoming students, Go uptown the first couple weeks (even if you have class at 8 am the next morning), it will help you feel more welcomed. Also, don't wear your ID around your neck, that's just screaming that you are a freshmen. Get involved and stay busy. It helps make the campus seem smaller faster. Also, my last piece of advice is DO NOT go to your freshmen adviser for help, just go straight to your department for help, your RA can usually tell you where that is.
1st Year Female -- Class 2010